1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

While I totally get the convenience and simplicity (maybe ruggedness?) angle, I can't help but think about the fact you can get something that's smaller, slimmer and lighter with over double the capacity for less than the price of the adapter itself: http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-10000mAh-Brilliant-Smartphone-Bluetooth/dp/B00H9BEC8E/

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I see where you're coming from, and I've had a 13000mAh Anker Astro E4 in my 'go bag' for a while now, but you must understand that I own 4x 4000mAh and 2x 3000mAh DeWalt tool batteries, with another 2x 5000mAh packs coming in the New Year with my jigsaw, so I not only have a huge amount of stored energy on tap, but I can keep this with my tools and it provides backup power on site when I need it most, without having to take the Astro out of the pack all the time because it's a true emergency supply.

In short, it's not about ruggedness or capacity, it's about adding another function to what I can do with an XR tool battery.

3. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

I searched for LEDit on ebay and I can't seem to find them..

Do you have a link to their product?

4. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

5. Unicorn

Yes that's them. I bought it for the Samsung LED modules, nothing else. The rest of the 'kit' is nothing special and there's nothing in there I couldn't have found in my own workshop. I haven't installed them yet because it's too cold for me to be working outside with this flu and/or chest infection thing I've got, but as soon as I get it into the garage on the 27th with the space heater on I'm going to install them :thumb:

6. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

7. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Perfect, thank you very much mrlongbeard and Unicorn. I shall look through their stock.. I had to change the co.uk to ca so I can get the right price.

8. Unicorn

Considering that you're in Canada, if you want to get your hands on a kit you may be better off ordering just the modules from somewhere more local. They're 5630 SMD package chips with an IP67 rated injection moulded casing. I can give you the specific Samsung part number if required, one of the large north American component distributors probably carries them. If you don't have any luck with that the seller will ship internationally, and their rates don't seem to be too bad, the only caveat is that you'll have a long wait. Again though, they're worth it. I definitely recommend them over the cheaper resin moulded type often found in commercial vehicle lighting kits on eBay which I've used for various PC projects over the years. I'm so impressed with them that I'll be buying another small kit to add foot well and glove compartment lighting to the van in the New Year.

A few other purchases before Christmas is upon us:

1/2 of a front wheel arch liner - all four sections of the weather guards in the front wheel arches of my van are age hardened, cracked and/or broken. At £50 per section for genuine parts from Renault, I only bought the one which is in the worst condition for now. I will be replacing the rest after Christmas, and have found a supplier of reproduction liners for a mere £37 per section. What a bargain for a piece of injection moulded plastic! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

My theory on how they got age hardened is that being a fleet vehicle, the underside was probably steam hosed on a regular basis, and the repeated heating/cooling cycles has turned the plastic into brittle rubbish which is falling apart when stones are being flung off the tyres and hitting it. I've treated this new one with CarPro DLUX silica based plastic sealant in an attempt to keep the arches clean and prolong the lifespan of this expensive piece of plastic.

I also stocked up well on vehicle specific trim clips including spruce clips for the new wheel arch liners. These are £1 each from Renault. No thanks, much cheaper by the pack on eBay:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also picked up a new tailgate badge because since I've owned it, mine has read "RENAU". It's only a minor detail but it's annoying nonetheless!

[​IMG]

The timing belt is just overdue a change, so I've picked up an SKF kit including a replacement water pump (weak link on the timing belt) which is being fitted next week:

[​IMG]

I'm also changing the transmission fluid as a matter of course, it's 76000 miles old:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 Dec 2014
  9. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Uni, I think your gonna have the most pampered van evah at this rate :lol:

10. Unicorn

That's the plan! :thumb: Really though, I'm just spending a bit of time and cash to put right some things which have been ignored by its previous owner :)

11. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

Some keyboard bling
    [​IMG]

12. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I'll be picking up a cheap iPod this evening for my dad for christmas. He had some 5 or 6 year old pos mp3 player that's gone missing, and want something as simple as possible for him to use. Either the mini or the nano, will decide tonight.

Planning to buy a hot milk frother on boxing day, looking at the nespresso aeroccino3 for our house. We all love cappuccinos and lattes, but we're too lazy to froth and clean the milk frother on the espresso machine, so would be a nice convenience thing.

13. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

14. Mnet_Gaming

Mnet_Gaming What's a Dremel?

Bit of an odd one the last few days but here's some toys..

New TV (KD49X8505BBU)
    [​IMG]

Some shures

[​IMG]

(dont ask) Other tv - Panasonic TX-50AS500B
    [​IMG]

Linx 8 as it was dirtt cheap
    [​IMG]

And a couple of these bad boys arrived

iRobot Roomba 660 - so impressed with them. Only bad thing is their waste basket is tiny
    [​IMG]

15. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

49" 4K TV for £1k is pretty reasonable, nice to see prices dropping. Might have to make the plunge next year...

16. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

4k tvs - does anything broadcast at 4k yet? Blu-rays aren't 4k, are they? Not trolling, just ignant (still on DVDs and SD Freeview)

17. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

some YouTube and I think some Netflix

18. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Evoc FR Trail with spine protector. killed my last bag pretty much an at £54 its a bargain
    [​IMG]

19. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Spectrasonics Omnisphere and Perception Cinematic Bundle.

Should have it later today by 12 (dpd).

[​IMG]

Going to have to borrow an IPAD for the Omni TR app which looks hugely impressive.

20. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Nothing broadcasts true 4K yet (I don't count Netflicks) and 4k blu rays are still at least 18 months away.

But currently all high end TVs are 4k and next year so will be the mid range. So if you're going to buy a new TV in the next few months it will probably be a 4k as HD only TVs will get harder to come by (except on the lower end of the market).