1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Pocket Sized Robotics from an old time Bit-Techer

Discussion in 'General' started by phenoptix, 27 Dec 2014.

1. phenoptix

phenoptix What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

It's been a while bit-tech! Far from modding PCs with LEDs like the old days I've been building a robot arm, which last week was released on Kickstarter.

By the end of the Kickstarter we'll have a robot arm that's as easy to assemble as Ikea furniture. The control board will come programmed to work with the on board thumbsticks but will also be easy to control by PC (as it's based on an Arduino).

[​IMG]

The MeArm has featured in Custom PC a couple of times now so I hope it's relevant to the forums! Would be awesome to have your feedback on the project. It's also all open source so anyone with access to a laser cutter, mill or fret saw (you need patience for that last one!) can build their own.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

How accurate are those stepper motors in open loop feedback?

3. phenoptix

phenoptix What's a Dremel?

Rather than steppers we use hobby servos to keep the cost down. They're pretty accurate and more than good enough for block stacking tasks etc. Not really up to pick and place for SMD components though!

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I really like the look of that; looks like a great little hobby kit :).

Congrats on hitting 2/3 stretch goals :thumb:

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Is there a typo on the £60 pledge option?

Shouldn't it start with MeArm and Upgrade kit, because it mentions the MeBrain later?