1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 4 Jan 2018
  2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Question is what you mean by lag. It will have high latency, it is a "feature" of the Miracast protocol. But it shouldn't stutter, if that is what you meant by lag.

3. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

[​IMG]
    A Mamiya/Sekor 50mm f2.0.
    This thing just oozes quality. The focusing ring is unbelievably smooth with exactly the right amount of resistance. Mechanically I absolutely love it. Pretty amazing what you can get for €15 (delivered!) and a bit of patience.
    I'll have to take some proper pictures one of the next days, but from a few quick shots out of my window, it seems pretty sharp even wide open. A bit of chromatic aberration though at f2 (as expected from a lens from the 60s), but nothing that can't be fixed through software.

4. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

Finally time to move on to a new PC. Replacing the barely functioning Xeon machine with something a bit newer.

Gigabyte H97N-WIFI (because it's both the cheapest available ITX board, and bloody brilliantly specced)

[​IMG]

Pentium G3258 20th Anniversary Edition (cheap as chips and I'm a sucker for "special" editions)

[​IMG]

Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB stick (but in black). Only a single one, planning to get another next month or so...

[​IMG]

Intel 530 240 GB SSD (because I prefer Intel to Samsung, especially when it comes to linux support)

[​IMG]

It'll live in my old Xigmatek Midgard to start, but planning on getting a Node 304 and MSI 270X ITX next month. Then an additional RAM module, and in a few months probably pop the Pentium out and stick an i5 or Xeon into it. Feels nice to build a new PC, I've missed it.

Oh, I also ordered a 10$ Mini-SAS + Molex to SAS cable for my server...

[​IMG]

Had a brainfart a few days back, staring at a bank of 4 SAS drives, an LSI raid card and a Mini-SAS to SATA cable :wallbash::wallbash:

5. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

mITX and NetTop/Thin Client computing has really taken off in the past couple of years. I for one love the tiny PC revolution. I'm building OS images at the moment for a large number of ASUS NetTop computers which are replacing point of sale tower PCs in a chain of electrical wholesalers. Their current systems are HP Core 2 Duo systems; power hungry, large, ugly brutes compared to what's replacing them!

Speaking of mITX, I just bought a couple of parts for my own HTPC;

I'm tired of the front USB 3.0 ports on my Silverstone SG08B not working because my motherboard lacks an internal 19 pin USB 3.0 header, so I bought their PCIE card to plug them into, the EC04-E:

[​IMG]

I also ordered a Tenda W900U USB 802.11ac adapter, widely reported as being the best USB WiFi card on the market as a result of its good software and dual antennas, producing a link speed of up to 867Mbps:

[​IMG]

And finally, after a long, cold night working in -3 conditions on Sunday night/Monday morning and having had the intention of buying it since the start of December once the sales started, I splurged on a DeWalt 18v DCJ069 heated jacket:

[​IMG]

No more freezing load ins/outs or winter all nighters in buildings with the heating turned off! :)

7. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

[​IMG]

My first Online Purchase from an Wet Shaving store here in British Columbia.. I'll be posting pictures when the parcel arrives..

:)

8. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

I came from that phone as well.
    Really impressed with the moto

9. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Let me pre-empt the picture:

[​IMG]

:lol:

10. Pieface

Pieface Modder

A failed MOT. Soon to purchase two new rear shock absorbers.. Great..

11. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

LOL

I got a razor and a couple blades that I got from Swordsman.. haven't nicked my face so far.. But thanks for the laughs..

I'm gonna post some pictures when I get the kit that I ordered.. :)

12. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I've been using Dorko blades for the last six months. Bought them off ebay, 100 for $10US. Seem to work much better than normal $20 for a packet of 4 razors.

13. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

LED Lenser P7.2 torch (Double pack with P3 AFS keyring torch)

15. Pieface

Pieface Modder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a few other things to go with it.

16. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    3.2 watt 30SMD cool white LED E27 bulb, I think that Ikea lamp I bought the other day will work better with a bulb in it- might as well take the LED plunge while I'm at it.

[​IMG]

15 piece fine paintbrush set- for use with enamel paints on my model kits; I only ever had 2 brushes that I use normally but one has lost all its bristles and the other isn't fine or long enough for doing long thin straight lines ( need a 'rigger' brush ).

[​IMG]

Matt black spray paint, again, since my last order didn't arrive & I had to get a refund.

17. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

I'll tell you when it arrives. This is a U.S. Import. They expect to deliver tomorrow. I will believe them when,it gets here.

18. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I replaced my old trusty NAD C720BEE receiver with this:

Denon HEOS AMP
    And what a mighty upgrade it has been! The sound is remarkably better and clearer, and the streaming features are awesome. I am particularly excited about being able to turn it on and play music remotely, much to my girlfriends surprise. ;)
    [​IMG]

Hummingboard i2
    Now that my kaveri htpc/server is being relegated to freenas use, I need something to work as a xbmc client, and this should fit the bill quite nicely! Looking forward to play with an ARM board, as I have been interested in these for quite a while, but I want something more powerful than the Pi.
    [​IMG]

19. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Lunch with some friends
    Divinity Original Sin on steam for $29.47 (33% off)

20. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Nice!

Is that an mSATA connector i spy or is is a Mini PCIe?

I've just bought one of these for a media center/print server/NAS duties : )

[​IMG]

Gigabyte Brix GB-BXBT-2807

With a dual core Celeron CPU.