1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Gamepad for android tablet

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by monkeydud, 21 Dec 2014.

1. monkeydud

monkeydud What's a Dremel?

Hi all, so I have been looking for a gamepad for my Lenovo A10-70 tablet and can't decide which to get. Really like the look of the Steelseries free, if only it had trigger buttons. One that keeps drawing my intererst is the Nyko Playpad. Seems to have had software issues at start but does anyone here currently use one and if so have they ironed them out? Needs to be portable.

2. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Personally, I'd go with a PS3/4 controller with sixaxis. I had a Moga pro before and though it was good, it doesn't feel as quality as a proper console controller.

3. monkeydud

I has a look at that. Not keen on having to root to get wireless though. Also fancy something abit more portable.

4. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I'd also go for the DS3/Sixaxis, along with a Gameklip. Yeah, it's a bit pricey for what amounts to a bit of moulded plastic, but it's is durable and I've remounted it to who knows how many cases (3M VHB tape is fantastic), and comes with a not-awkwardly-long OSB-OTG to mini-USB cable that are hard to find elsewhere in the right length, if you don't want to go the wireless route.

5. monkeydud

It's not so much the wireless thing that bothers me. I'm really wanting something as small as possible.

6. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Smallest thing as possible will likely be the Moga Pocket

7. monkeydud

So after 2 nyko playpads turned up dead on arrival, I have ordered a mad catz ctrlr micro! Fingers crossed!

8. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

my 1st mistake of 2015 was buying the Samsung gamepad,
    wish id gone for a Mogo

9. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

+1 for the Moga. Most games with support for gamepads will support the Moga controllers as they have effectively become 'the standard' on Android. And for £9.10 you can't go wrong.

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

11. monkeydud

Have to say very impressed with the mad Catz controller so far. Not tried to many games with yet but works on main ones!

12. CalmHorizons

CalmHorizons What's a Dremel?

Hardly needed given the ringing endorsements but moga +1 (after much hassle with an Xbox controller I had lying around and a usb to micro usb)