1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any know issues with x99 boards locking up at start up?

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by rainbowbridge, 8 Jan 2015.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Hi, I have moved up to both your asus rampage 5 and asus duluxe x99 and both boards freeze and lock up during start up and occasionally let me into my Windows 7 64bit install.

thread here: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=280768

Do you have any recommendations or methodology to get the core of the problem I am having.

I will be working on this during the weekend so any feedback appreciated.

thank you

Edit: Issue appears to be related to one of my USB connections, I am working on narrowing down which item is causing the boot issues then I will post it here for the full knowledge share.

I have a bunch of USB connections into the system board.

Last edited: 8 Jan 2015
  2. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

no issues with mine mate

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I had some issues at first bootups at mornings with my X99 Deluxe, most of them got fixed by updating to the latest bios. Before the update, i usually just did press the power button on the case and then 3-4 seconds later the reset button, that usually fixed it.

4. slicker55

slicker55 What's a Dremel?

hi rainbow,
    i think i read a similar post of yours somewhere else and so, joined this forum just to ask if you managed to resolve the X99/USB (windows locking up) issue?