1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Arctic Z2 Pro Monitor Stand Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 12 Jan 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I'd love to see more stands with 27"+ monitor support. For some reason people think that having a high-res panel means you don't want the extra utility of having a separate screen. I'd be more than happy to have a 4k/1440p central screen for actual work and then 1080p monitors on the side for things like a web browser or reference material. Finding suitable stands is hard enough, finding ones which are reviewed properly and thus a little more trustworthy is even harder, let's not even talk about having those two points and a decent price.

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

..surely in the age of 4K and 21:9 monitors, the need for this type of awkward desktop setup is drawing to a close, for all but the most niche of demands?

4. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

Once you go dual screen you never want to go back... its not just about screen real estate, the OS, particularly windows, is far more productive with 2 screens, even compared to a hi res or extra wide one.

5. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I have to agree. I've been using a 34in 3440x1440 screen since before Christmas. It's lovely for games but I prefer two screens for pretty much everything else.

6. Xir

Xir Modder

I use my laptop screen as an "always on" outlookdisplay while I work on the large main monitor.
    Purrfect

7. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Dual screen all the way! As has been said, even with 1440p/4K I'd want an extra one on the side.

8. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Looks good, wish I could find another Dell 2711 to go with my current one.

9. barrkel

barrkel What's a Dremel?

I'm liking my pair of Ergotron LX arms. Though the LX is rated for 24", it works perfectly fine with my 27" Dell, alongside my 24" Dell. The heavier-rated MX is more for all-in-one monitor / computers (think iMac).

10. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Tell that to my 32" Acer B326HK + 2x 27" HP ZR2740w monitor setup :lol:

11. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Just shy of $100 qualifies as high-end? The dual arm on my desk retails for around $600, and the cost from the manufacturer when I got it a couple years back was right around $450. Not that I paid for it - it's good to be work at a place that does commercial furniture and get friendly with the people that make things happen.

At any rate, any decent commercial arm better have independent adjustment. Most decent arms have hydraulic pistons to control adjustment and tension, and allow a range of motion only limited by physics. Even the comparatively low-end arms by 3M and Fellowes have that, and those start around $100. Then again, the pistons in those tend to be weak and not last long.

If you want a decent arm, it'll cost, but you get what you pay for.

12. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Do you guys have a review of the AOC monitor in the pic on P2 or is that in the works atm?

13. ArcAngeL

ArcAngeL What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags