1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Semi to Incredibly Interesting Mod Idea

Discussion in 'Modding' started by beta124, 22 Jul 2003.

1. beta124

beta124 What's a Dremel?

To go along with ZapWizards incredible ideas and modifications, I drew up this idea. MS Paint does not do so well when trying to draw Piston type solenoids, but the idea is that the spider on top will move every few seconds when it is on, it is stationary, but the legs will move.

I don't have the skills nor much of the needed tools to complete such a modification, so I probably will leave it to someone else.

Tell me what you think.

Sorry the image is in BMP format. If someone can, convert it to GIF to make it easier for other people to view it better. I don't have access to a powerful imaging software... I am in the boonies at a whopping 28.8 this week.

[​IMG]

2. 554

554 What's a Dremel?

windows paint can save it as a jpeg
    and proib a gif too

3. ChillingSP

ChillingSP What's a Dremel?

I don't get the idea. When it's on what?

4. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

I think he means the body will stay stationary, and the legs will move around.
    (Just for effect)

I like the idea, it would be hard to pull off to make it not look too "rigid" or faked.

Another idea would be to take the idea of a remote control LAN PC (A LAN PC on wheels)
    and put it on legs.

6 or 8 legged robots can handle a lot of weight, it would be possible.

5. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

interesting

6. SugarBear

SugarBear What's a Dremel?

already been done my friends.

the mini itx computer I have at home is hooked up to one of those robotic spiders that you can buy from toy stores, the ones that just walk around.

my dad's friend wired me up a little thing so that whenever I get new email it turns the spider on and it walks around. it's a corded spider, it runs on batteries normally, as far as I understand it, the cord just grounds it or something when a message comes in, then the spider walks around for a second.

it has a ton of other features, the eyes are supposed to light up, and it's supposed to growl, but we couldn't get any of that stuff working, so it just sort of walks around.

it's big enough to mount the whole epia board onto it, I just didn't do that.

7. beta124

beta124 What's a Dremel?

Thats nice to know that you bought a spider and used it, this is completely different. It is not supposed to look like a real spider. My idea is to make it look more like an alien attack ship with one of those beams that come out from underneath the body.

ZapWizard is right about how the image will work, and I think his idea about making it into a robotic lan case would be cool.

Regardless, I came up with it in a half asleep daze and I don't personally want to do it, at least not yet. I have a few other projects to work on. PC6010 watercooling, painting, and the iris, and a case to go with it. Maybe, if someone else hasn't started it, I will make one myself next year.

8. SugarBear

SugarBear What's a Dremel?

yeah, mine does exactly what you want yours to do, if I prop the body up, then the legs will move around and not the body, if I put the legs on the ground the whole thing moves.

exact same idea as yours, just mine does more.

we also have one that uses some lego stuff, when an email comes in the little hand reaches out and shakes a little pole that has a bell on it, it doesn't always work though, sometimes it misses the pole, sometimes it shakes too much, sometimes it doesn't let go when it retracts the arm, it's neat when it works, but it gets annoying.

9. beta124

beta124 What's a Dremel?

Cool... I would love to see pictures.

:rolleyes:

10. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

11. beta124

beta124 What's a Dremel?

Thanks Hydrogen - I appreciate it.