1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Not quite, Final stages of hopefully my new job final interview is booked.

Slightly nervous but gathering my items together is probably all I'm worried about, I require no other preparation.

Its quite intimidating in all but once its done I could be onto a pretty tasty beginning wage for a graduate.

Other than that, I got paid today... expected some horrific number considering all the banked hours I had to do and the contract being dropped to basic.

I'm certainly not cracking open a bottle of champagne with it but I don't have that feeling of impending doom anytime the petrol gauge light comes on.

2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

It's a pretty stressful time certainly, currently in the process of various application at various stages, not great timing for quite a few of them to start progressing when I have exams/coursework/project stuff to do but I guess I should be happy to be progressing :p

What company/job is it if you don't mind me asking? I'm in a similar field, although I get the feeling you're more electrical/electronic whereas I'm more software focused. (feel free to PM)

3. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

[​IMG]

Presents from my wife.

5. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

Finally updated my sig to reflect stuff I now own!

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Pay rise! :D

7. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

Send two applications about internship for the summer (I haven't had time to send more yet).

1st. company - Get information after asking about the process how the company will handle the applications and how and when they'll will contact all possible candidates. In few weeks I should have confirmation if I'll end up to be interviewed or not.

2nd. company - I sent another application to the other company on monday, they called me today and arranged a interview for next week.

This all is too much for me after being totally unemployed student for 2½ years :D I am so happy just for the interview :D

8. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

@Yariko, congrats bud! Don't know how it is over in Finland, but I've been struggling in Toronto since I graduated. Good luck with the interviews!

Yariko likes this.
  9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

i squealed like a large squealy thing.

RULES OF NATURE!

10. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I want to know what it is Gunsmith. Any clues?

11. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I would guess...
    Metal Gear Rising 2
    !

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Yup, MGR2

13. iancowell

iancowell Minimodder

Bacon makes my life awesome

14. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Managed to convert my brother to PC Master Race a while ago.. now he sometimes take over my computer to play his Diablo 3 game.. So I need to build him a rig that he can use for his game..

His "gaming" laptop sucks.. it's a HP Probook.. he needs to get a real gaming computer.. fast..

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Media company has contacted me saying they want to post on one of my sites and purchase advertising space considering the website has been dead for a longgg time... I'm pretty happy that it will pay for its self pretty damn soon.

16. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

Got a potentially awesome weekend lined up.

Saturday I'm off to see Primordial live. I've wanted to see them live for a long time and I finally get the chance. I haven't been to a proper metal gig in ages. It'll be fun no doubt.

Sunday I have a date with an insanely cute girl.

Life is pretty good at the moment.

17. Scroome

Scroome Modder

That's great news.

Glad something good came to you, this week :)

18. mansueto

Have an assessment on Thursday. Pass the assessment, and I get 3 months of training, followed by a 2 year contract. I just need to do some studying since there's going to be 2 interviews and 3 tests. Going to have to do some reading / prep for the "basic coding theory" and math aptitude test. Haven't done any sort of math in years, and I REALLY want / need this opportunity.

19. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I got myself a PS4. OR rather the mrs. bought one. It's a nice change of pace from a PC and all of the 'master race' nonsense is wasted on me. I've got infamous, destiny and i've been playing warframe on it. Fun times, pretty relaxing on a sofa.

Oh and we're getting married soon, since we've never had the money to do so. We're saving up, but we'll get there.

20. mansueto

@Darkwisdom, if you buy the playstation plus, you get 2 free games a month. For ps4 I believe there is Thief, rogue legacy (though you have to search for it, it doesn't show up under the monthly ps+ games, probably because it's also available for ps3 and vita with ps+) and 1-2 more games.