1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

it was more than 2 weeks as i started work on my cathedral over 3 weeks ago and its all gone now

by the look of it its gone back to the 4th january ( so about 4 weeks )

/world seems to be much further ahead than /world17 though as a hole next to the spawn from a charged creeper is present that was done in the last week ( first time ever seeing a charged creeper )

Last edited: 31 Jan 2015
  2. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

Just figured out Hawkeye can do a rebuild. I tried applying your block breaks on the hill and it was gone again (most of it). But it also left a lot of items from chests on the floor? Not sure if that was oke, so I reverted to a backup.

Best start would be your cathedral I think. Can you give me coordinates where it was? It's hard figuring them out with hawkeye.. i get 27000+ pages of edits :S

Edit:

Thank god we got that fixed! :clap::clap: Still a bit of work to do but most of it is back. Now if only the ISP would get their act together!

Last edited: 31 Jan 2015
  3. lilgoth89

and the server is more laggy than ever...spent half my time trying to rebuild my floor lighting...

remove glass block

place lava block

replace glass block

LAG

find out server didnt remove glass block at all and decided to pour lava all over the floor

DEAD

and all items burned in lava

floor on fire

THANK YOU

if this is how the server will be... then i wont be playing on it...not coz i dont want to, but simply coz i cannot play with THAT amount of lag

me and amber lost over 20 buckets thanks to lag, most of my swords, armour, food...
    its just not worth the hassle

4. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

XM: Good we got hawkeye, we have maybe an hour of tidying up after you helped us, that is a whole lot better than going back to scratch.

Lilgoth: I'm sorry about the troubles you have to go through, I would get frustrated too. Hope you will consider staying but if you search for better times elsewhere I wish you all the best. Also nice to chat with Roze, hope she enjoyed our company (I know she struggled with lag also)

5. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

XM
    Thanx for an amazing job with Hawkeye! It was so cool to see the "Northern Camp" being rebuilt!

6. MrsFio

What is everyone up to lately?
    The server has been very quiet the last month..
    I do my best to be there at different times to catch anyone - but I haven't seen anyone in oh so long..

7. lilgoth89

ive been on and off, mostly puzzled at my dissapearing floor...

8. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Any plans for mods?

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I have a FTB Ultimate server running that I have paid for but it can only hold 4 players at a time at the moment, as that is all I could afford at the time.

When I have some additional funds I will up it to about 20 and then if people want to jump on that as well, then I have no problems letting people jump on.

I will just have to figure out how I block just anyone joining it and use the white list.

10. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I have now upgraded my server to 20 slots, and it is running Feed The Beast Ultimate.

If you would like me to add you to the Whitelist then drop me a pm, at the moment I cannot figure out how to stop people from opening other peoples chests so until then if you join please don't take anything out of other peoples chests.

11. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Do you have some sort of chunk protection system like Towny?

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Not yet but I will look in to it tonight when I get home from work.

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I have looked at that sort of stuff and it says I need Bukkit or MCPC and I cannot find that for Feed The Beast Ultimate.

I have a Mumble server as well that I got for free when I rented the Minecraft server so I have that up and running as well.

14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I think I have sorted the Bukkit stuff out but could do with some volunteers to jump on at some point to test it.

Drop me a pm if you can make it on and I will send you the details for the server and mumble server, so we can try and get this server sorted.

It's running vanilla Minecraft version 1.6.4

**edit**
    The chest and furnace protection seems to be working

Last edited: 6 May 2015
  15. Xtreme_Machine

Hey all, me again... surprise! I'm not dead!! :)

I have let my job as a server admin go a bit, I must admit. To prove I'm still here, I have just updated the server to version 1.8.3.

As fas as I can tell only bug-fixes. Seems they did a bit of work on Spigot also. Not sure what exactly tbh. Their change-log is a bit hard to understand for me.

Also updated some plugins. LWC and DynMap. It seems DynMap still hangs sometimes. I am planning on using the auto-restart plugin for a night-time restart of the server. Should prevent the dynmap hangs from lagging up the place. Not sure when I'll get around to installing it though.

Happy crafting :)

16. Xtreme_Machine

No, not really. I like the vanilla game-play and want to keep it as close to that as possible. Of-course for 'safe' and semi-public access some had to be installed.

17. MrsFio

I'm in the server tonight if anyone wants to catch up :thumb:

18. MrsFio

..it's that time of the year..
    when JR is so busy at school meetings I'm almost happy to have a zombie knocking on my door..

19. MrsFio

Nah..
    I'm out..

20. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Whats the IP for the server, does anyone still play, I've finally got a new Macbook & its a powerhouse for games so time to get back on it :D