1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

just to make you aware, that the White tank skins when vehicles die might ( or might not ) be illegal in WG's eyes

in WGNA its banned, same on RU server, but the EU Mods have never explicitly banned its use ( in fact they say that no mod is illegal, but some break the EULA and will get you banned for using them )

2. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

You sure?

AFAIK you can still edit tank skins; you could therefore mod all the alive tanks to be white. Does not compute.

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Thanks for the recommendations, I think I'll have a play with one of those mod packs that lets you pick and choose things.
    The option of previewing what you're adding in OMC sounds good.

I quite like the sound of the hit log as I'm often left wondering who hit me when I'm attempting to stay hidden.
    The gun ranges showing on the map sound like they will be really useful as I'm getting more inclined to playing in my SPG so knowing where I can and can't reach without having to wait for my gun to adjust will be a major asset.
    Tweaking the sounds could be fun, I often feel like I'm firing a pea-shooter with some of the turret sounds so it'd be good to get some more noticeable sounding effects.

The idea of XVM scares me a little as I've probably got a horridly abysmal WN8 score with the way that I play. I'll probably give it a shot though because the curious side of me wants to know how I perform in a few tanks. :D

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/337918-banned-mods-list-wgna-official/

from the NA server
    but thats the NA server, with the rules on the RU server somewhat similar

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

First up I managed to kill a Scorpion

[​IMG]

An just had a defeat. I would say I held my own though

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

Come on guys one damaging shot by a whole side?
    [​IMG]

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

lolwut...

8. suenstar

What in the world was the other team doing in that match?

9. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

My guess would be something else.

10. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

I bounced one shot and i peaked out to see a KV85 waving its turret from side to side. I think they were mostly dying.:duh:
    Remember they could be on your team!

11. legoman

Ramming mission completed in a KV3 :lol:

12. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Had a lot of focus on Tier 9 & 10 recently as I made my way to the FV4202 but last night we decided to go back to the lower tiers for some games. Had great fun in tier 7 my JP1, with my mate in his SU-122-44, hats off to the arty who was actually paying attention to his local area and shotgunned me :)

Also had some fun in the Flakk Bus at tier 6, hoping the next one in the line is as fun, maybe with some gun depression...

I am still grinding the IS-3 to get to the IS-8 at tier 9 but is is worth it? I have really tried to like the E75, E100 etc but ever since being exposed to the British mediums, I am finding it hard to enjoy heavy tanks at that tier. IS-3 was fun to begin with but I have really been struggling with its lack of gun depression and the armour that once felt good, now seems regular victim to all the auto loaders and derp glass cannon TD's that are now in the game.

Last edited: 11 Feb 2015
  13. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Nashorn is good, Tier 7 Sturer Emil is bad, rest are very good. BUT this whole line is getting view range nerf today, not sure how they will perform now

Going up from IS3 totally worth bcoz of IS7, IS8 is one of the worst Tier 9 Heavy IMO.... IS8 was my first Tier 9 but still sitting in my garage and still stock

14. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Looking forward to the Nashhorn then :)

As for the IS Line, I am 28k exp away from the IS8 but from your and other comments, it's not a great tank. Do I need to actually have an IS3 to un-lock the IS8, or could I sell it and at some point in the future use from converted to free EXP to bridge the 28k gap left between tier 8-9?

15. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Still trying to save up some free XP to progress through the French line (I simply HATE the beginning tier french tanks, utter rubbish) but I kep ending up using it on finishing off the final push onto new German or British mid/high tier tanks, or unlocking their modules.

16. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

One can use free xp to unlock whole line never ever play on any tank from this line. Is3 is just superb. It's almost don't have any competitors from non premium 8 tier HTs. I love it and it still in my hangar. Is8 is good but not good as is3. For is7... I don't understand it. It has nothing great except ultraarmoured turret. Low HP, medium maneuverability, frontal armor has nothing to put against premium shells at tier10, insufficient DPM, inaccurate gun, low penetration... And so long. For top tier tanks I've play I like only ob140 and t62a. They are superb. Top tier HTs don't play their role for now. Main role for HT imho is to be a shield for other tanks and to deliver some dmg.

Send from iPad via Tapatalk

17. suenstar

What don't you like about them?

I've found the early French stuff to be some of the most enjoyable, though I suppose it depends on your preferred play-style as they don't tend to function anything like the other nations tanks.
    I particularly like the light tanks, they're so well designed for getting into a massive scrap with 3-4 other tanks due to their awkward to breach armour.

That tiny Renault UE57 can be an absolute joy to play in when you have the gun & engine upgraded, although it struggles to penetrate most things in higher tiers... however you can still have a bit of fun by keeping enemy tanks distracted with it being a reasonably fast & crazy small target.

18. legoman

AMX40 slow but so much fun! How on earth can you hate it?
    OK the arty low end is depressing same guns in three tiers is woeful but moves on to the auto loader arti doom machines.

View range nerf for TDs seems liveable my JP max view range was already beyond the games max. It still is just so no complaints there. Rest are a little annoying Russian TDs have been hit pretty hard to be fair as they alrready had naff view ranges.

Firing scatter/accuracy Cant say i noticed much change I dont tend to shoot on the run unless im pretty close. Arty shells still go where ever they want. Waiting on the arty helper mod to come back so i can see shell flight times again.

19. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I only tend to use auto-fire if my manoeuvring and position need more concentration then the shooting bit or if I am in the move and attacking more than one arty. A close range Hesh round from my Centi 7 on the move, so I am less likely to get popped or shotgunned by the other arty for stopping/scoping to take the shot.

I presume the nerf in yesterdays patch was to stop all those ultra long range auto-fire hits that seemed to occur with hilarious regularity?

20. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

Accuracy nerf feels on low accuracy gun such as d25t - and it clones - and such. GoodOldDays one can run down from hill turning turret 180 degs and hit target 300 meters away. Today I can't hit stopped t71 from 150 meters half targeted with no turret movement with d25t on kv4. High accuracy gun like Löwe 10,5 cm still shoots like railgun.

Send from iPad via Tapatalk