1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post BA

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Scorpuk, 17 Feb 2015.

1. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

I gotta say that the performance from a 64 core system is diabolical since the departure of BA.

I've tried various combinations of all 64 cores, 2 x 32 cores, 4 x 16 cores and it all adds up to roughly the same as all 64 cores.

Any other flags I should be using? :geek:

2. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

I don't think so. That's it I'm afraid :wallbash:

3. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

Aye.

Played around with various core values and cant get over 100K PPD with it.

Now on finalise and will only start it if the temps get too cold for the cooling loop (-5°C). Hopefully wont.

Oh well adios 1M ppd. :waah:

4. DocJonz

My 4P Opteron is out of action anyway at the moment with a memory fault :wallbash:
    On the slightly plus side - least its not losing too many points now BA has gone!!

5. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

Out of curiosity I restarted my v6 client with BA flag and its folding a P8106 on an A5 core.

Getting approx. 170K ppd. Not as good as previous BA WU, but better than core A3 or A4.

Will fold for a few more days and see what happens. :lol:

6. DocJonz

Post BA closure, PG were due to release other 'bigger' WU's for the multi-P machines that had the BA flag. These replacement WU's started in beta (don't know why, as they've had a year of preparation for the end of BA ... :sigh:), but some have moved to advanced at least, so expect projects based on P8106-8018 - the scoring of which will be based on normal SMP work, and not BA points, of course.

7. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

I feel your pain, both my 32-thread rigs barely make between 90-100k PPD now stuck on A3 & A4 cores, tried all sorts of variations with Windows/Ubuntu v6/v7 client but nothing works to get the PPD up, pretty crap really but there we go, GPU's are the way forward again it seems... :waah: