1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Wow, I want batman & the joker for entertaining project log mascots :D but they are too expensive for me, the detail is amazing. :jawdrop:

2. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

It is the GoPro one.

I was wondering if you'd seen them yet? Because its advertised as a action cam light, which makes me think more of fill lighting than see/be seen. Ideally I'd like to see them tested a little more, but they seem quite thin on the ground currently.

Sure is. The thread delivers. Cheers.

Edit:

PURCHASED!

Last edited: 19 Feb 2015
  3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This thread delivers all right... Delivers blows to your wallet, that is! ;)

I purchased some Hoya Pro-1 Digital UV filters for my lenses in varying diameters; couple of 58mm for the Canon zooms, a 77 for that shiny new Sigma in my previous post and a 72mm for my Sigma zoom. The thick end of £100 worth of filters, but worth it to get good quality:

[​IMG]

4. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

5. Unicorn

I've been charging various combinations of 2 Samsung Galaxy phones, every model of iPhone in common use, a Samsung candy bar phone and 2 iPad Airs using my 5 port 40W version for well over a year with no issues whatsoever. I also have 4 of the 6 port, 60W version in work for charging 40 iPad Airs. No issues with any of them so far, they're rock solid. I think you just got unlucky with it!

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I use a cheaper 25W one to feed five IKEA LED lights for my lathe:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Magnetic self-adhesive strips keep it clipped in place.

7. Unicorn

That's awesome, both the lathe and the lighting solution :thumb:

8. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

9. Pieface

Pieface Modder

2 Lightshades. I swear I'm gonna make all you guys jealous with my cleaning and basic home products

10. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

11. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Canon PIXMA MG6650, plus 5 genuine XL sized ink cartridges.

My old ( 8+ years ) Epson Stylus D68 printer is dying, ink on the rollers and colours are very faded looking, decided to upgrade and go with genuine inks for a change, even if they are disgustingly expensive. This also means I have a scanner that works with W7 without requiring some dodgy 3rd party software and drivers.

12. Nexxo

To say I'm a little envious would be a mild understatement.

13. dipzy

dipzy Minimodder

very nice, I've got the Canon MG5350S and its solid, had it for over 2 years

14. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Even good quality.. an optically flat piece of glass has great potential to degrade quality by increased flair in certain situations and lowering contrast. That £100 could have been spent on lens hoods and insurance.

15. Nexxo

Sorry, I thought I was the arrogant **** on this here forum? :p Dude, this thread is just for people to show the cool stuff they bought that makes them happy. Just roll with it.

Last edited: 22 Feb 2015
  16. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

My first splash of cash for the year...

[​IMG]

***** cats are getting bored of chasing ribbon so it's time to up my game! :D

17. Unicorn

But what if I'm a keen time lapse photographer who enjoys shooting sunrises and sunsets and wishes to achieve deep blue skies in my photos, sir? How do I achieve such an effect with a lens hood and insurance?

If you were under the impression that I bought filters just to protect my lenses, you'd be wrong. The fact that I know how to handle thousands of £'s worth of gear without damaging it takes care of that, I just needed UV filters for their actual use. I already have lens hoods for all of my lenses because flare is a problem in a lot of environments I shoot in.

18. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Benro A3570T

No more messing around, a proper 2nd tripod- my plan to use my mini table-top tripod for macro work just won't work, too much weight for it to stay balanced. Bleh, to ebay with it :D

19. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

Sry for the late reply. I tend to pull on the damaged strip to avoid opening the cut further and to get the two sides of the gap as close as possible. The light remains center as the other strip secures it in place.
    Then again, I don't use it all that much, my fibre flare is my main rear light.

20. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Don't be yet. I don't doubt this will put my mediocre barista skills back as the weak link in the espresso chain, and I'll be drinking sub-par espresso for at least a couple of months. Probably just long enough to convince myself the grinder is at fault :D