1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Elite: Dangerous heading to Xbox One

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 5 Mar 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Great but can i have a Linux client on PC first please.... :p

3. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Wait. It was my understanding that cross-platform play was the point. To bring in more commanders to the single large galaxy.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=121383

Where did you guys see that cross-platform play was "highly unlikely"?

----------
    nvm i see what you are talking about. Honestly that is quite sad I hope they change their mind on this. Just doesn't seem right to separate everybody like that in this time.

Last edited: 5 Mar 2015
  4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Microsoft don't like people playing in their walled garden without paying first.

If Activision came out with a cross platform Call of Duty and told Microsoft to accept Windows and PSN players meeting XBL players or not get a Call of Duty on Xbox, then they'd probably move, I doubt Frontier have that kind of clout.

Last edited: 5 Mar 2015
  5. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

I seriously hope it's not cross platform.
    Ok so it's a stereotype, but, it's really not a game for console kids, and the crap that comes along with them would just wreck it.
    Like I said, I know it's a stereotype and I know there are exceptions, but most of the people I've encountered playing it grew up playing the original, so are a bit more mature in their outlook and really don't want the grief.

6. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

Instances will probably be per platform the shared aspect will just be the galaxy data; commodity prices, discovered systems etc

7. rollo

rollo Modder

People are going to hype this through the roof but the fact is if you want to play it you can play it now on pc. It's fun for the first few hours after that it's basically trade space sim or combat space sim. A game with no real direction can't imagine it working well on consoles. Most of the audience that buys a console wants to be lead from a start point to a end point.

Elite has a start point but the end point is totally up to you. The game also has no tutorials and you need to spend a few hours in fan made help guides to really have a clue what your doing. I like the game and own it on PC just not sure it will make a great console game.

8. cps1974

cps1974 What's a Dremel?

i play on a nice home built rig (gaming PC) and the xbox one - there's an abundance of under age, whiney kids on both platforms and I doubt the PS4 is any different