1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2015 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 23 Nov 2014.

1. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Its beyond me how one car can be so much better than the rest what have the engineers been doing the past few months.

2. elise_s1

elise_s1 What's a Dremel?

nobody is resting. Competitors catch up over last year leader, leader improves over last year car.

3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 4 Jan 2018
  4. rollo

rollo Modder

BWM and Ford might get involved if the current engines stick around as they would be suitable to there current car development.

The fact Williams are best of the rest as none manufacture does kinda screw with the arguments though.

The cars are around 3 seconds faster than this time last year they were saying. Which is a crazy rate of development. Problem for other teams its about the entire package. Merc have that.

Ferrari and RBR both should be closer as they are both manufacture teams. ( Renault only supply 2 teams both owned by RBR)

5. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Another boring year and it's not getting better.

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Looks like Vettel is back to dominating F1 (if we don't count the Mercs who would have won even if they had been forced to start with the car in 1000 pieces in a box).

7. elise_s1

most boring race of the season

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Also the most thrilling race of the season.

and the wettest.

and the yellowest.

I could go on, but I might be in danger of making a statement as daft as yours.

9. elise_s1

"Irony is a form of utterance that postulates a double audience, consisting of one party that hearing shall hear & shall not understand, & another party that, when more is meant than meets the ear, is aware both of that more & of the outsiders' incomprehension"

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

:rolleyes:

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

After some of the best racing we've seen for years in 2014? I think not. Just because there aren't 20 people fighting at the front doesn't make it boring.

Anyone found a youtube of magnussen's engine explosion? I always like watching those. :D

12. elise_s1

Q.E.D. :clap:

13. NigelT

NigelT What's a Dremel?

I agree with most of that, but personally I think aerodynamics still play a huge parts, it's just that Merc are doing a blinding job of both.

14. rollo

rollo Modder

people want ultra competitive championships between multiple teams but there's little dif between now and senna vs Prost that was 1 team. Ferrari and shu with a car that won a lot of races. F1 is not so much the drivers but the car and designers / engine.

Thats pretty much every Motorsport series in the last 30 years though. Only really nascar and formula e is the specs so locked down as to make drivers the key part.

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Even when heavily locked down the differences between machinery make a significant contribution to success. It's all about who buys the best engineers, aerodynamicists etc, even in series like NASCAR.

16. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I feel very sorry for everyone who works for Mclaren.

Even ignoring the engine that car looks pure evil, through the fast corners JB seemed to be steering left and right at the same time. Low power low aero, does Ron really like Manor that much that he's intent on making sure they aren't last?

Still, a finish is a finish, albeit three minutes behind.

On a more entertaining note, did anyone else see the bits of impeller flying out the back of K-Mag's exploding car, my shotgun has a lower muzzle velocity than that.
    Shock expose! Four time World Champion is actually quite handy at driving!

17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Aren't formula e specs only locked down for the first season with plans to open them up for the next one?

At least thats what I remember, but I don't follow it too closely.

18. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Id say it was quite interesting in terms of the race, lots of problems both cars and pits. Shame that Bottas didnt start he usually runs better than Massa.

Sauber are a big surprise, massive leap forward. Hopefully they wont fall back on development as the have in the past. horrible livery though but they have made more point in one race than last season, at this rate they may out do Mclaren.

19. rollo

rollo Modder

I'm just surprised that Ferrari and Renault with there respective budgets have not made a competitive engine. They have no real excuses on that front considering Renault basically said go turbo engines or we leave the sport.

People blame Merc but the simple truth they had a job to do and did it very well. Even in the season before turbos they had closed down some of the gap to rbr and they had fixed most of there aero issues.

Horners complaining is getting old, this is how f1 has been since when I started watching it in the early 90s 1-2 drivers with real title aspirations the rest making up the numbers. Even when Alonso got close a few years back that more due to rbr screw ups than them having the better car.

McLaren are so far behind in both quali and race pace anyone think buttons podium by end of season looks optimistic.

Williams need Bottas enough the word is he may not make the next race yet.

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

On the upside Button was only 1 place shy of the points in 11th
    out of 11 finishers