1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics It's happening

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pete J, 4 Mar 2015.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

What market is that true gamer they have no competitor at the moment.

2. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Just because Nvidia doesn't have a competitor right now, doesn't mean they will stop production... If they continue to bring out faster GPU's (Which They will) people will still upgrade, especially those running 4K... :)

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Well looking at this, I can understand why AMD are holding back '20nm node broken for GPUs' According to this article Clickly

So looks like we won't be seeing any major jumps from AMD until the 16nm FinFET GPUs are coming in 2016

So for the meantime, new GPU's will still be using 28nm dies, but I imagine these high end GPU's will be very power hungry, as Nvidia and AMD squeeze every last bit out of it...

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I just hope that the Titan X's are only around £700 to £800 as I will then have the money for 2 of them at the end of the month, if they release this month.

I may finally be able then to crank up the details on games at 4K or even see if they will support the DSR or what ever it is and try 8K.

6. rollo

rollo Modder

Reading kit guru article sums up AMD trying to keep partners happy instead of the end consumer. If the 300 series launches end of the year they would of lost the entire high end. And probably most of there market share.

7. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

According to Nvidia's GTC keynote, the Titan X will be $999 at launch, so probably around £815-ish (assuming direct conversion + VAT) here.

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Overclockers UK just put a post on facebook; "Check here at 14:00 tomorrow, the Titans are coming!", so we should know the price at least if not yet the performance. But here's hoping the reviews will be out too. :)

Reviews are in already!

Last edited: 17 Mar 2015
  9. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Anandtech have a very good writeup too.

I want two of them, and if EVGA are doing Titan X step-ups my 980s will be going back to Germany.

Edit: 347.88 driver also just landed for anyone keen to update.

Edit 2: Currently EVGA will not be accepting step ups to the Titan X. Not sure if this will change in future. Very disappointed as I have 44 days left and my 980s are one of the most expensive models, which would offset the cost of upgrading nicely. I live in hope!

Last edited: 17 Mar 2015
  10. Ronaldo 9

Ronaldo 9 Minimodder

Man it looks really nice. I want one so bad right now.

I actually bought a 970 back in January to step-up to a Titan-X :(

I am kinda annoyed but whatever. I wouldn't be surprised to see the GM200 cut in the next 40 days though as I feel nvidia will want to turn the knife on AMD and once again get the jump on them.

BTW Dizzi did you receive confirmation from eVGA about them not stepping up to Titan-X's or are you basing that on the fact that they didn't do it in the past?
    I imagine stock should be higher on Titan-X than the original Titan so it wouldn't surprise me if eVGA do allow step-ups at some point.

11. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

On EVGA EU forums:

Hi,

At this time, Titan X is not available for Step-Up.

Thanks,
    Rob
    EVGA Community Assistant

12. Ronaldo 9

Ronaldo 9 Minimodder

Thanks for that.

I purely bought eVGA for the step-up. I never used it before so I figured first for everything. Oh well. I'll just have to sell the 970 now.

13. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I would wait before you sell, "at this time" does suggest this may change; unlike the original Titan where they flat refused due to availability of the cards.

14. Ronaldo 9

Ronaldo 9 Minimodder

Ya I'm in no rush. Like yourself I have over 40 days to make my mind up. It'd be great if they offered it in the next couple of weeks.

I am however really interested in the price as with the Euro being so weak it will make it more expensive on us Euro users.

15. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

970Sli cheaper and quicker. Think I'll stay with the 970's

16. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Pre-Orders have opened around the £900 mark for the Titan X.

For such an expensive item it'd be insane not to go for an EVGA product and add some 10 year warranty via EVGA!

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Was thinking of two of these next week but thanks to my car breaking I am now not going to be able to.

I may still be able to in May but will have to see.

18. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I believe availability in the UK will be in 2 weeks. It is a soft launch here, however US customers can buy directly from Nvidia already.

19. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Novatech have 2 units arriving 24th March.

Sam

20. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

I've just ordered three....

NOT.

Though I got to say that shroud should really have been on the Titan Black. :miffed: