1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EK announces GeForce GTX Titan X water block

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 18 Mar 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I really, REALLY, HATE, these water blocks that don't cover the 'full' card. I know they cover all the relevant components but I really wish they made more effort to make 'full card, full cover water blocks' as having that bare PCB is just awful, especially when you pay so much for the block to be in such a nice system.

I have said the exact same thing a couple of times on their FB pages and only get arguments from someone in their media department saying that they are full cover cards and that full cover means the same as full card and when I argued my point, they blocked me from their page. So they don't seem the most customer friendly... Oh well.

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I have to agree actually, although you can get a full cover model for the Titan with an Acetal top that covers a much larger area - downside is that it's not see-through. Even if the coolant didn't pass over that end section, though, I'd still prefer it to be covered by the waterblock. Since the 980 and Titan X cost a small fortune anyway, surely would-be owners would be prepared to spend another £30 or so for a block that actually fully covers the PCB....

4. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Yeah it annoys me too, although I can sort of see where they're coming from. There's an acetal one which covers the whole card, much like with the previous gen Titans, which makes sense as you can't see through it. Clear acrylic, on the other hand, is completely trasparent so you can see the PCB no matter what unless they also increase the copper layer, which doesn't make sense if it doesn't aid cooling.

Still, I'd rather see and extended copper base and pay a bit more, it just looks so much better not having a stubby bit of PCB at the end.

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I agree with you all, it should cover the whole lot.

I am glad they've ditched those silly circles though.

Last edited: 18 Mar 2015
  6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

does it cover the ram on the back of the card? its the hottest part at over 101 degree`s!

7. DrakanX1

DrakanX1 What's a Dremel?

yes totally agree with comments, they should cover the whole card, make the ends frosted and clear path to see fluid, i didnt like the circle design also, companys dont listen to what buyers want, if they did they would sell more.

8. Craig_T

Craig_T What's a Dremel?

Can't agree more, it looks unfinished and when you're looking at putting it into an expensive well worked out system... This can easily ruin the looks of it :(