1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Looking for some monitor advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gast, 22 Mar 2015.

1. Gast

Gast What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

Looking for some advice for a new monitor to go along with my new build.

Looking for 24 - 27" screen. Primary use would be for gaming and watching films. Gaming wise it would mostly be for FPS, MOBA' and RTS.

Will require ideally display port, hdmi and DVI sockets. Adjustable height would be nice

Whilst the purchase would be for 1 monitor for now I will be adding a second screen within a few months. I am not looking for 3D as I wouldn't really use it.

Price wise I am looking up to a max of £250.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

2. James

James What's a Dremel?

Don't get a 27" @ 1080p is my advice.

Get a 24"... I mean I had 2 x BenQ XL240T and that was really good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BenQ-XL24...990?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4635140066

They're not as good as full IPS monitors... which is why eventually I sacrificed my 120 hz down to 60 hz... but for 1 x Dell 27" @ 2560 x 1440.

If you're on a budget, strict, and want a good all around monitor that excels at gaming. The one I linked is hands down your best buy.

People say the colours are washed out... but they're really not. You just need to google the right colour calibration settings and you're flying! The benQ's were great I just wanted more resolution.

3. Falco2073

Falco2073 Minimodder

I would definitely agree with a BenQ. While I haven't seen the XL240T specifically, both my friend and my wife use 2x BenQ GL2460's and for the price, they are very good monitors. They are a little limited when it comes to phsyical adjustment (tilting etc.) options though.