1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Naval Action

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DraigUK, 22 Jan 2015.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

will do on Tuesday ( which is payday for me ) so i should be around next weekend

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

:rock: Looks like I was lucky, even though buying after they put up the 'sold out' message, I still got a key today.

Installed and had a quick game on PvE, seems mostly self explanatory (I managed to survive despite being a bit overly aggressive against the bigger vessels, so I must have done something right) but I'll check out those tutorials as well.

3. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

Got my Victory and only 160k from Santi now.

Had a right laugh tonight, hope you guys are also enjoying it.

4. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

Blah, been eyeing this up since I saw this thread originally, decided to buy it today and its no longer being sold as they have enough people for their Alpha testing :(

Fair play to them though, actually means they're using the test data rather than simply trying to sell an unfinished product.

5. suenstar

There's still a chance to get the game.
    One of the admins for the game's website mentioned on their forums that if you email them via info(at)game-labs.net with a request to purchase an Alpha key, they're letting people in on a case by case basis.

It's always worth a shot to ask to buy a key, it's a very fun game already.

6. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

Oh fantastic! Thanks for that.

Looks like you have to be active on their forums however, so I'll sign up there and get a feel for the community and then ask :)

7. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

If you can get in it is definitley worth it. I really like the game so far.
    That said, I got all the ships possible some time ago and haven't played it for a couple of weeks now awaiting the open world update....just too many other games/alphas taking up my time right now.

As soon as the next update hits though I'll be right back in it. Currently (for me) once you get all the ships you can, and then play for some weeks on top of that, I backed right off for fear of getting burnt out on it before it actually gets anywhere.

Such a potentially great game with a great dev team, even if the pace at which they delvier updates is somewhat slow, they are doing a fantastic job for such a small team.

Get it if you can!

8. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

I got in and am loving it, thanks for the recommendation.

9. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

Excellent news!

Check out the Total War Arena Alpha thread I put up just now also if you want to take part in that. See you out there!

10. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

For those who have this and are interested, the Open World patch is now up and running in it's first incarnation.

To get in to the Open World (at least for now) you will need to have the Santisima unlocked.
    Once you have done so, the next time you log in you will have an invite code and instructions to update the client to the Open World phase.

11. suenstar

I noticed Naval Action running a decent sized update in the background when I was playing EU IV last night.

Not been in the loop much with the developer diary so wasn't aware they were making that much progress with the open world system. I'll have to jump on for a bit tonight to give it a whirl to see the changes and what the open environment is like.
    It'd be interesting to see how long it takes to spot another player in an open world game as even in the small battles a couple of players would often sail off into the distance and you'd have to spend the next 15 minutes searching for them (always loved that part about the matches).