1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BF Hardline open BETA

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Happy, 3 Feb 2015.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Would just like to point out DICE have nothing to do with this one, there pretty much concentrating on StarWars Battlefront and mirrors edge 2 now.

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

EA are very evasive about who is making which bit of Hardline.

First it was all Visceral, then it was Visceral are only making the campaign and DICE are making the Multiplayer then it was DICE LA are making the multiplayer and now it's 'Developed by Visceral with additional work by EA DICE,'

The DICE logo is on the box, they're involved on some level, going by the Beta of the multiplayer I'd say that's where they are.

Last edited: 6 Feb 2015
  3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Had a few rounds. So far I'm definitely not sold. Hotwire would be more fun if the maps were bigger but...

The gunplay feels worse. Visual recoil is back after being removed from BF4 and it seems way worse than before. Also the "netcode" feels like BF4 from 6 months ago. Lot's of dying before you even know you're being shot at, seeing player models shooting the wrong direction but are really shooting at you, dying around corners, things like that.

The UI is a cluttered mess of unlocks. I don't know about anyone else but I'm starting to get really burned out on unlocking the same stuff for the 12,000th time between BF3, 4 and now this. If dustbowl is a good example of the average map size, that's fine but I don't know why they felt they needed to have 64 players when the maps are half the size or less of your average BF4 conquest map.

I think the battlefield franchise could use a bit of a downsizing, less guns, less unlocks, less emphasis on level/point/perk/unlock grinding. Dice should scale battlefield back to it's core strengths, taking in the technological achievements of the last couple of entries in the series. They should move away from the endless progression bull and focus on having a tightly balanced and controlled team game where the reward is playing the game, not unlocking a red dot.

There are certain things in Hardline that I definitely appreciate, such as the capture radius of a flag showing on the minimap, and being able to lean out of vehicles to shoot.

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

only battlefield i want to see is a return to the 2142 area, which they have heavily been hinting at with the later BF4 DLC

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

100% agreed.

6. phem0r

phem0r What's a Dremel?

I think i'm one of a few that actually enjoyed the beta. It was simple fun in my eyes, yes it's not what people expect from a BF title and yes it'll have probably have the majority of the same issues as the last 2 BF titles have had.

Saying that, i had fun, it was crazy and **** going on everywhere and I didn't feel the need to be all serious trying to capture flags all the time..

7. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I enjoyed the beta a lot too, but then I was never intending to buy it so I was just having fun.

Apparently if you have EA Access on Xbox One you'll be able to play 10hrs of (a little bit of) the single player and the multiplayer from March 12th.

[OT]Might get a month of EA Access to do this if PvZ:GW is still free on there. I have PvZ:GW on 360 and it was pretty fun (although full of kids on Kinect) wouldn't mind a few games on the Xbox One version.[/OT]

8. Craig_T

Craig_T What's a Dremel?

Hardline is nearly due out now... Are people still going to sway away from it, or give it a go and hope for the best?

9. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

£90 for the whole thing, no thanks.

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Nope, nothing in the last beta made it look any more interesting than the first.

Plus EA's pricing is a piss take.

11. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I liked it first time around. But really, there's nothing there to shift me off bf4

12. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Still not interested; if it starts getting stellar reviews then maybe I'll take a look but I just don't find the setting interesting.

13. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

They'd have made more money if they had removed the word battlefield and just called it hardline.

As I said before it isn't battlefield, where's the tanks, helis, boats and jets

14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

The car based mode Hotwire was good. But it's not worth the asking price for the base game, let alone premium (which you have to to get the rest of the game).

Having bought BF4 base game, it felt like a great demo for BF4 premium. I'll never make that mistake again.

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

OK, i bit the bullet and bought it against my better judgement. The game is far from great and feels empty somewhat, but i have not had one disconnect so far.

A few bugs stand out but the game is playable for me

I paid £26 for this and will probs get my moneys worth but take it from me, this is a game you can easily leave out

16. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

I got a key not finding it too bad the single player is keeping me playing for a bit, like bad company 2
    232 hours of playtime. BF 4 89hours, BF 3 98 hours.

Day of defeat source is over 1000 hours loads of fun in the chat mostly US servers though.

Hardline feels like a cop series in campaign. When my performance is finished feels like I could unlock an emmy award.:waah: (emotional award speech for best drama queen).

I'm starting to get into the multiplayer and starting to like it.

Last edited: 22 Mar 2015
  17. Kanester

Kanester Quake God.

Worst Battlefield to date, Really disappointed. Just feels like Call of Duty to me tbh.