1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EC hits Google with Statement of Objections

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 16 Apr 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Well i never, who would have thought a company would give it's own products favourable treatment, that's like saying Ford showrooms only stock Ford cars.

News flash Margrethe, Google don't have to do anything, they can just close EU facing servers and redirect everyone to US based servers, that's unless you plan to block access to Google for the whole of the EU.

I'm no fan of Google but these politicians seem to think Google are running some kind of public service so should be run by a different set of rules than those that govern the rest of the commercial world. :duh:

3. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

I would judge on honesty.
    If say amazon was the most popular (and naturally gained top slot) for a particular search, but was artificially demoted to 2nd place and google gets promoted to No.1 - there's an element of dishonesty if the search results are supposed to represent popularity.
    The search function then becomes a lie.
    If the search results are no more than, 'heres googles favourite links for your query' then no there is no wrongdoing.

4. _crazy_crazy_

_crazy_crazy_ mi mum say's that i'm special

... i have no faith in the EU or their findings .... how could i they are a bunch of thieves ... for crying out loud the only thing they did right was getting Durão Barroso off my country for a few years thats the only good thing i can think of and it might have not been such a good thing for the rest of Europe but at least that leech stopped stealing my country for a few years ....

My biggest dream is to make a version of battle royal but instead of school kids use politicians that would be awesome ... sry about the rant lool

5. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

About bloody time!

Get that fat wallet out Google and pay the bill and tip, plus interest. I'm shocked it's taken this long to rein them in as they've been gettin away with it for years.

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

OOh, I can see it already. The Governator and Jesse Ventura voted back in office just for the fight, even though they weren't running. Putin gets a bag with a spork, and begins a steady kill streak. He even refuses to re-equip with superior weapons from his kills.

Wdit:Farage finds a plane, but no one wants to escape with him.

Last edited: 16 Apr 2015
  7. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

The search is a lie...

8. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Erm... Yahoo!? Bing? Wolfram? Your mates? A dictionary?

9. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

Yeah but......The search IS a lie?

So is the price, Google (as well as others), now apply a GEOGRAPHIC price, that is why they scan your location and websites increasingly ask you for your postcode.

Dodgy Dave and his cronies love Google.

10. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

So Google aren't allowed to push there own products or services? People choose to use Google's search engine so would expect to the companies results.

If I search for Weather on Yahoo, guess what service it comes up with first? Yep you guessed it,
    Yahoo Weather, surely that is not allowed either?

11. Newton Sporkfondle

Newton Sporkfondle Spork, the all-purpose eating tool!

This smacks of big successful company bashing. they are big and profitable, therefore they must be evil. I rarely use Google, I prefer Bing. Oh, but, Microsoft is the other evil, profitable company that is successful because it produces good products that are easy to use.