1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Bitfenix Prodigy Custom 1 COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Bygone, 15 Apr 2015.

1. GregEl

GregEl What's a Dremel?

It does look great indeed and there seems to be plenty of space. I hope things go smoothly from now on for your build.

2. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

ok here is a Picture from late last night, sry for the bad lighting, will take better Picture later.

[​IMG]

3. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Nice work Bygone! You made a small case appear like it has lots of room!

4. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

Thx, that is exactly what i set out to do...

...NeXT part of project will be the Water loop and custom cables, both first time for me :).

One question for you all, i cant seem to find info on whether the motherboard block has specific inlet/outlet or if it can run both ways just fine?

here is a link to the block: http://www.bitspower.com.tw/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=173_254_257_267&products_id=3663

Last edited: 20 Apr 2015
  5. GregEl

GregEl What's a Dremel?

You can ask Bitspower directly I think. They are awesome people there! If there is no arrow near the ports and nothing in the documentation, I think the block is designed like a GPU water block that does not have specific inlet/outlet. If you look through the holes also, usually the inlet port for CPU blocks is the one directly above the fins (closest to the center of the CPU.) That is so that liquid is pushed onto the fins.

6. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

I have a similar block on my ITX backup PC (used to be in a Prodigy but I found it too cramped :) ), and I'm pretty sure the inlet / outlet don't matter. Generally, if there is a specific inlet / outlet, those are well documented and labelled. Mine is a clear version, very similar to yours, and looking at the design, I see nothing that would indicate a specific flow direction.

7. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

thx for info, that was my conclussion as well...im hoping for en evening sometime this week to get the fittings set in and the loop sorted, need to cut the acrylic tubing to length also, that requires me purchasing a Little saw as well hehe...i love it when i learn new stuff as i go along.

Im also awaiting 2 orders from E22.biz for the parts and tools i need for starting to make custom cables...another firsttime attempt for me.

8. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

I am also considering including a fill port fitting at the top somewhere but i am unsure where i can fit it without it looking out of place :), but i guess that will have to wait till end when i see which fittings i have leftover after doing the loop.

9. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

Ok im in need of some advice now :) being the noob i am i didnt order enough fittings and just wanna make sure that i only get what i need for the last corner, i need to sort the loop from GPU to top radiator...look here to see

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

please note the radiator is slighty lower the the fittings from GPU, so ill need to lower the tube from GPU towards the radiator but which fittings will i need for this last part?

I will be using 12mm OD / 10mm ID acrylic tubing for this.

10. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

Will this Work?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or is this a bad solution from GPU to top radiator?

11. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

Ahh first of 2 shipments arrive from E22.

[​IMG]

12. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

That re-route would look a lot cleaner imo, as otherwise you'd be full of fittings everywhere

13. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

you think i should make it go horisontal from gfx and make a loop at end to radiator somehow or go Down like my last 2 Pictures? i was gonna try and see what the horisontal way would demand of fittings, as this i my first ever go and i need to place another order for fittings i need to be sure i get what im missing.

14. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

did some Work on the Water loop today, cut some acrylic tubes, figured out which fittings im still missing...i think it looks good the stuff i have done sofar in the loop, whether its leaky or not time will show, i have no idea sofar as this is my first try at this :).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

comments or advice are welcome if something is not as its supposed to be :)...

15. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

Any of you Guys know where i can buy an external psu to run pump/waterflow testing without turning on the rest of the hardware?

Also need it to be with a on/off switch for filling the loop...links and hints is appreciated, thx.

16. Ocelot

Ocelot Minimodder

Why not use your exsisting PSU and just connect the pump?

17. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

Hmm dunno, i guess i didnt think ahead here, and thought of the psu being connected to everything but ofc it doesnt need to be until loop is filled.

18. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

That's easy, but the only links I can provide are Canadian. First, you need an external PS like this:

https://www.dazmode.com/store/product/2a_12v_5v_external_dc_power_supply_molex_for_system_testing/

An on/off switch is also good to have, like this:

https://www.dazmode.com/store/product/36_4pin_extension_cable_w_power_on_off_switch_black/

19. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

Thx for the links, i know dazmodes site, i love his youtube videos :).

I can find the external power supply locally, i was fishing for the on/off switch :) which you just gave me a link to...appreciated.

20. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

Just a tiny update from me...was just sketching up my original cables from Silverstone Strider 650w psu to prepare before starting my custom cables.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im also in the waiting state for a couple of deliveries, placed a third order from E22, a fitting order from Bitspower. a power pcb for my fans from kustompcs in UK, an external psu from CoolerKit in Denmark and a thermaltake psu tester.