1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Quuwahi, 30 Oct 2012.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It's a great moment realising you can just crash million dollar vehicles and not give a **** isn't it?

2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

With regards to online; The only things that come out of pocket cash are Snacks for health (So you need about $50 to fill your inventory from empty) And bets on Races, otherwise; there is literally no reason to carry loose money around.

As for vehicles; I don't like the Zentorino, sure it's the 3rd fastest car in the game (Fastest accelerating, best turning, IIRC), but it just makes my eyes hurt with all those sharp edges, my Jester is almost as fast and agile, and it's 4 wheel drive, as well as being 1/5th the base cost. (For reference; On a fairly tight, twisty track, the top cars are: Zentorino, Entity XF & Elgy RH8.)

That said, I did get myself an Insurgent, my god is that thing fun to play with, it's not got the lolno bulletproof windows of the Armoured Kuruma, but it can survive far too many explosives, It takes three direct tank hits to down one of these things, or about eight sticky bombs, so most players simply cannot blow you up without extensive effort. And, unlike the Kuruma, you can still throw explosives out of the thing, so it's a rolling, explosive lobbing tank in effect. It's also too fat for people to try and carry it off with the Chinook, someone tried last night and it could only lift it a few inches off the ground.

3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Still getting regular crashes, makes me not want to play as I can get to within 10s from the end of a mission and end up having to do it all again. So annoying, sometimes a driver crash sometimes GTA5.exe has stopped working. Bleh.

4. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

A warning to the wise - character currency is being stored as a 32bit integer.

Thus when I finally did my last storyline investment yesterday night, which took Michael to having assets worth $2.2B ... I was suddenly unable to liquify my stock... or do almost anything involving money on that character.

I managed to get around this by literally selling 1 share at a time (thank God for macros), and then spending $150M on the golf course, until I could safely sell all my stock and stay under the cap. The stock ROI's are published all over the web, so invest shrewdly but stay under the limit!

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

This was a problem with the PS3/Xbox360 version, you'd hit a certain amount of money, and it would I think either just crash, or it rolled around to a massive negative number.

Thought they might have fixed it for the latest versions.

6. liratheal

Yeah, I hit 1.7b~ on each character, but didn't dare invest on the stock tip from the hitchhiker for that reason!

7. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Lap dances

8. wst

wst Minimodder

There's a cashpoint in the club Dragunov, at least from my memory in SP.

The bug in money is because the number is stored as an 32 bit integer and 2.147 billion is the highest number available. If you have more than 2.147 billion in shares, as long as you have less than 2.147 billion actually with you, you won't have money vanishing!

In next-gen/PC, I think some of the stock changes are different in the SP game.

9. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Aye there's a whole row of them, you can also withdraw money anywhere using your phone. Making the ladies wait is not a good look though.

10. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

just bought this, its so large it is taking 10 minutes on this crazy machine just to allocate the disc space and get started with the download.

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

So where can I find this stock tips random event? I'm hooked on the stock market to make MOAR :D

if only I can quick save in real life.......

12. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

13. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I'll be online late this evening for some more MP madness. I now have a headset so i'll be on Teamspeak too.

I'll probably set the game up as a Closed Crew session, so make sure your part of the Crew by joining: Here

Sam

14. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Joined! I'm out tonight, but I'll probably be on tomorrow. I played GTA V all the way through on the XBox 360, but I'm loving it on the PC - there are quite a few changes that you don't immediately notice but improve it all significantly.

15. Leesy1

Leesy1 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, just wanted to post this fix for the "ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT" Error.

Mainly for you Cromper if you are having this error. I got a crash with this error roughly every five minutes after installation. After looking around I found this fix and "touch wood" it has sorted it. Link below :

http://fixcrasheserrorguide.com/fix-grand-theft-auto-v-pc-gta-5-err_gfx_d3d_init-error/

If you search for this error there is also a video showing the process.

16. liratheal

If you're looking at the map of LS, on the left the main highway out towards Sandy Shores.

There's a little cluster of houses soon after a T-Junction (Same one you spot and chase Michaels boat from). It's on the one end of that there's a dude with a broken down car, asking for a lift to the airport. Be worth checking whether you need to invest before or after doing that one, though, I've not used it for a long time.

Also, I found a lot of my graphical issues can be resolved by "reset to defaults" from the GTA safe mode and getting the game loaded, tweaking and playing. I have to go through that once a month or so. 15.4 drivers.

17. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Doesn't work for me.

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Invest before you start, Invest in Tinkle, make a 33% profit after about 30mins.

19. Leesy1

Leesy1 What's a Dremel?

Well I spoke to soon. I went on GTA Online last night with a friend and the error returns and crashes me. It crashed around four separate occasions until I gave up with it. It sucks as it seemed to of fixed it on Saturday. I have done some digging around the internet and it seems loads of people having the same issue. Sometimes the fix in my post above works, other times it doesn"t.

Rockstar thread :

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...203458477-ERR-GFX-D3D-INIT-Crash-BSOD?page=12

There are loads of ideas floating around. Reinstall the game, the dx fix above, turn off certain settings. It seems it's hit and miss per person though if it works or not.

No idea what to do. I could reinstall but this doesnt always work. Guess may have to wait to see if a proper fix appears.

20. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Go to settings and reset graphics to default. Worth a try.