1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Favourite Mobile/Tablet Games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 1 May 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

How about a thread for your favourite mobile or tablet games any platform?

I recently bought for the princely sum of 49p Monument Valley and one of the most beautiful games I have ever played on any platform. I cannot really review it as I am not familiar with the terms for the way this game works although clever optical illusions is sort of where it is at.

Another game that has given me hours of time wasting is Gummy Drop which although has in app purchasing. You do not have to spend money to move along through the game. It does not make it so difficult that you need a purchased boost of some sort to complete a level, just takes a bit longer.

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

The 2 games I play (iOS) are Sim City Build It and Plants vs Zombies2. I also have badlands which is a great game. Thats it really, not really into candy crush or any other the other games made by King.

Mobile gaming really is moving along in strides.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I had Plants vs Zombies but it did not seem quite as good as the original. Not heard of Badlands. I did get heavily in to a game where you had to build a city and army and raid others and spent a lot of cash which was ridiculous. Never again.

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

5. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Cooking Fever
    Ruzzle
    Uno
    FlightControl
    Burn it all

Played Monument Valley on my Mexico flights last year, good game

6. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I don't play games very often on my mobile/tablet as I use them as more work devices than for entertainment, though I do have a few games that I keep on each for long train journeys or playing when I can't sleep:

Mobile:
    Bard's Tale - Very fun roleplay game with a highly comedic plot, gameplay controls are very simple and easy to use on the small screen. If you're after a game that's as long as the majority of games released for consoles and PC then The Bard's Tale is a fine choice as it clocks up between 20-30 hours of gameplay if you go through it properly.

Leo's Fortune - A very simple and enjoyable platformer that uses a two button control system (thumb in each corner of the screen), it's quite visually pleasing as well.

World of Goo - Who doesn't enjoy playing with goo and building bridges? It's possibly one of the simplest games out there in gameplay but some of the later challenges can have you scratching your head for ages.

Eufloria - A very calming and peaceful game where you grow trees on small orbs and then send their seeds over to nearby orbs in order to spread their growth. In later levels you have more complex AI opponents trying to do the same thing so it turns into a simplistic strategy game but remains quite relaxing to play.

Tablet:
    The Banner Saga - Excellent roleplay with turn-based combat and a very in-depth story, brilliant art and music. Well worth the play if you enjoy a good roleplay.

The Swapper - Easily my favourite puzzle platformer, you play as an astronaut that is stranded in a damaged space station who is looking for a way to escape. It's a fantastic game for someone who likes puzzling their minds for solutions to traps and intricate security locks. (should probably note that I'm playing this one on a Surface Pro, unsure if it's on Android/iOS)

Baldur's Gate & Icewind Dale - Two absolutely stunning roleplay games that have been around for many years on the PC and have been relaunched with 'enhanced editions' for more platforms. These two games will keep you busy for countless hours with some fantastic plot lines and roleplay mechanics.

Sorcery 2 - One of my favourite interactive story games on any platform, it's one that does the whole player choice system in the right way and allows you to rewind and try different paths if you don't like an outcome. It's a fine mixture of classic fantasy story, simple combat and an interesting spell mechanic. This is probably my main distraction at night when I switch on my tablet before going to sleep, it's guilty of keeping me awake for the whole night on occasion.

Last edited: 1 May 2015
  7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am Android and it was not Clash of Clans but something similar. It was called Dragons of Atlantis, really enjoyed it and met some great folk around the world with it but it was easy to spend money, too easy.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Played The Swapper on PC fantastic game., Bards Tale I just felt the combat system was poor.

9. suenstar

I'm quite hooked on replaying The Swapper, I've got it on my PC, PS4 and on my Surface tab so I can play it wherever I am.

I agree that the Bard's Tale combat system isn't fantastic and could use some work (it's a little repetitive too), I think it's worth putting up with if you like a good comedy storyline though.
    Forgot to add a disclaimer to that one, the Bard's Tale probably shouldn't be played with young children nearby.

10. kaxliysi

kaxliysi What's a Dremel?

I played a lot of Plants vs. Zombies 2 before EA redesigned the game. I have yet to get back into the game after losing the save, but I'm hoping it's still good. I hope you can still do the challenge missions.

Plague Inc. feels nice. At a cheap few $$, it's worth it for the few hours of novelty you'll get out of it.

Last edited: 5 May 2015
  11. suenstar

Forgot these few on my previous list... a few good board games turned into mobile games:

Ticket to Ride - A very fun board game where you play as a rail road builder to create connections between major cities across a map of the US.

Settlers of Catan - A simple game of resource gathering that has you building roads and settlements, to lay claim to more land that allows you to gain more resources.

Carcassonne - Somewhat relaxing tile placing game where you take turns (with the AI or fellow players) to add a piece of land to the board in an attempt to create and claim structures, build roads, farm lands and score points.

Small World - Fun and quirky little game (little bit buggy on Android) where you select a fantasy race (Elves, Orcs, Halflings, Giants, etc) and fight to claim land and earn gold, races are combined with random special abilities that make the game have great replay value as it'll always have a slightly new challenge.

Elder Sign - A fairly short and sometimes brutal game where you control an investigator and attempt to stop the Old Ones (Cthulhu and friends) from entering our world.