1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Lol, we're hardly the SS (despite some members being convinced otherwise). In fact, I positively encourage members to take the piss out of me :p

But when rules are broken and abusive behaviour/sentiment/language become a pattern, we have to remember that the owners of the site wish to keep it a fairly family-friendly place. Neil could have come back from his 48 hour "cooling off" holiday and got right back into the flow of things, but the first thing he did was to come back and antagonise the moderator who called him out in the first place.

Silly behaviour imo.

Last edited: 9 May 2015
  2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I don't know what he did, I've missed this whole "episode". I don't really care either, to be honest. Not being a dick about it, I accept that if he broke the rules he deserved to be banned, as does anyone else who follows suit. I just find it a bit uncharacteristic for him.

Anyway, back to real life.

3. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

I thought it would be harsh to ban just for the above pic as well, so I figured it wasn't a friendly jab and more antagonistic.

Just think though, the majority of posts in the Videos of Awesome thread might actually be awesome for the next week. :D

4. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I just don't get why more people weren't commenting on Ed's Stallone face.
    [​IMG]
    At least Stallone had paralysis as an excuse.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Aw come on, that's below the belt. He's a top contributor of good content to that thread! I predict the opposite, it'll probably be quieter than it has been in months without him around to keep bumping it.

6. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

It's a little below the belt without him here to defend himself. I tend to think he justs posts everything from his subscribed list onto that thread, making it the "Reposted from my youtube subscriptions" thread instead of the "Videos of Awesome" thread.

To all:
    Post the 1/10 of your subscribed list you think others might actually find awesome. I don't need every monthly fail compilation, or everything from AWE me, or colinfurze, or ElectroBOOM, or Photonicinduction.

If you're into that stuff, you'll subscribe yourself. If you subscribe already, then it's redundant. If you don't yet subscribe to it, then you probably aren't interested, so someone re-posting every video to the thread is annoying.

Also, what's the deal with movie trailers in the Videos of Awesome thread? That's the most mainstream, commercialized content there is. It's not awesome.

Videos of awesome should be the rare, actually awesome videos. Not content from people who post to youtube once a week or more. We're supposed to be curating that stuff.

7. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Funny how it's died on it's arse already. He's a massive contributor of GOOD content to this forum.

You get banned for showing an image of someone with a banhammer? Really?

8. Shirty

Nope, you get banned for being a misogynistic, antagonistic prat though ;)

Want to give it a try?

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You get suspended for knowingly breaking the rules. You get suspended for longer by kicking up a fuss about it.

When I was Moderator, I was very patient. I would try to be reasonable, appeal to people's good sense and mediate and defuse confrontation. I think that I've suspended no more than three people in the ten years I've held that position, perms-banned only one. Yet to some members I still hold the reputation for being an authoritarian Nazi dick. So you know what? Can't please everybody all of the time. Sometimes the hammer just has to fall.

10. Snips

Don't think I ever saw you as that Nexxo, although the one above really wants to flex it's muscles, ah bless it.

11. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

New top gear line up announced [​IMG]

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Only if each episode ends with one of them strapped into that yellow Jet car that nearly killed Hamster.

Live or die, it'll be unmissable.

13. Shirty

:thumb:

14. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

15. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Wasn't sure if its was a fake headline or not so I went googling. Which turned out this lovely chestnut

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I thought people in this country don't need an excuse for unacceptable behaviour? :p

17. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I was confused too. Nothing on that page makes any sense at all :confused:

18. Snips

Holy Sh!zz you can anti-age your memory now?

19. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Alright. I'm putting on my flame proof jacket and asking the question.

Why are we angry that the Tories want to scrap the human rights bill that was the cause of people like Abu hamza staying in the country for so long?

The same people that moaned that we couldn't extradite anyone seem to be moaning that the Tories want to take away our humans rights.

Am I missing something?

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Whilst that whole affair was one giant cluster****, concepts like 'Human Rights' only work if they apply to everyone, even people we don't like... Once you start picking and choosing who the supposedly universal rights apply to, they stop being universal and cease to have any real meaning...