1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Amazon leaks Nvidia Shield Pro micro-console

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 18 May 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Crunchy

Crunchy What's a Dremel?

I wouldn't mind one. Heck, I'd buy it as a decoration :)
    I hope it will promote a more standardised approach to controller support in android gaming.
    Essentially, my MOGA is an Xbox pad.

My tablet is mainly for reading, gaming and access to the internet while I'm elbow deep in my PC's chassis.

I agree with Gareth's concerns with the local storage, especially as this is going to be primarily for games as my tablet and it's already filled it's onboard storage AND is digging quite nicely, thankyou very much, into my external card.

I'd love to know more but as it's a (possibly intentional [spooky noises] ) leak, i guess i'll have to wait.

Note to makers of full fat consoles: This is an attractive console. No more boxes, please. ;)

3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Damnit Nvidia, bring the original Shield out over here already! You can't use the Shield Tablet and controller as a portable device unless you have a convenient table with you.

4. Crunchy

Crunchy What's a Dremel?

Maybe they REALLY mean 'Pour Table' and forgot to translate from French :D

5. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

Although I am excited in the direction Nvidia is going with this (particularly how they appear to be encouraging AAA game developers to port to Android) im a little worried with the speed that they seem to be announcing new products, has the original Shield console even been released yet?

We've already seen the shield develop from the "controller" style to a tablet to a console, each with a spec upgrade and, worryingly, games coming out that then don't support the earlier model, personally that puts me off a little as I wouldn't want to get a console that was unsupported 6-12 months later

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Bravo! Sat in the office chuckling to myself!