1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

Aaaah!

Next week is a there's a three day ride (my first for years) and both bikes are down.
    The Aprilia has a charging issue (well, it's had that for a while now and it's a known error) and the Ducati is losing fuel again. :miffed:

Go-go-Xiro-mechanic! :dremel:

2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

'Losing fuel'? That sounds suitably terrifying, though probably easier to fix on short notice than an electrical problem...good luck!

3. Xir

Xir Modder

Duc's Fuel Problem sorted.

The overflow line from the filler cap goes through the tank, and had a loose connection. :rolleyes:

The electrical gremlin, welll, as I said it's a known issue with this model, I just really don't want to hack into my original loom. :eeek:

4. Xir

Xir Modder

Took the Duc for a three day spin through Bohemia and it worked well.
    Had the chance to ride a '99 or 2000 Monster 900 i.e., amazing how a bike so similar can be so different. Everything goes easier, and it rev's up quicker,but all in all it's a much "softer" bike than the 750SS, and I prefer that.

5. RTT

RTT #parp

New bike for me. 2015 ZX6R 636! Pics when I get it at the weekend...

6. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Grats on the purchase! Excellent choice I might add, been very happy with my one... on road and on track :thumb:

7. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

Nice, lovely bikes those :thumb:

8. RTT

RTT #parp

Wait a sec. You're OrcaGT on Youtube! :D

What have you done about the fugly stock exhaust? Any other mods? I've got a HM quickshifter on order

Also, any forums worth joining?

Last edited: 20 May 2015
  9. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Lol didn't realize he is orca gt, I subscribe to his Chan as well

10. RTT

RTT #parp

Yeah. I guess I should have put 2+2 together before

11. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Oh I meant I didn't realize it as well

12. RTT

RTT #parp

i knew what you meant :D

13. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Heh,

Ok need a bit of advice there's an ex army hd mt350e nearby for sale, looks in decent condition starts fine from cold. Worth a punt? Always fancied one but well it's only a 350cc.

14. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Ack! My cover's blown *hides* :p

Stock can's been replaced with an Akrapovic (Model S-K6SO6-HZC if it helps). It's your average slip-on but includes a butterfly valve so you can continue using it. I went for this over say, an M4 short one because reading around it seems you lose a bit of performance when you get rid of the valve and fit one of those servo buddy things to trick the bike it's still working. Of course I can't compare them back to back, but I've never had any problems with it.

I too have a HM quickshifter... this is by far the most favourite mod I've ever had! It's not perfect I'll give it that, sometimes going from 1st to 2nd it'll be a bit clunky and if you don't click it up far enough you'll go into neutral (and look like prat :hehe:) but other than that it's been brilliant! Even more so on track :D

Other mods include some crash protection, tail tidy etc. Check out the ZX6R forums too if you're interested (http://zx6r.com/zx6r/). Any other q's give me a shout :thumb:

15. RTT

RTT #parp

Not sure how i stumbled on your videos but i find them most amusing because i cycle through London (and you ride a lot of roads i cycle!) and your cyclist comments are: :hehe: ... yep, most of them are absolute lunatics.

Interesting, cheers. I don't like the look of the short/stubby things anyway. I had ordered a Scorpion Serket but it's gone on back order, so looking around. Hadn't even considered the butterfly issue.

Which model did you get?

Ta for the forum link! Wasn't sure which to sign up to.

I think I got my bike from the same place you demoed, at least, a ZX6R - lloyd cooper up in watford!

16. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Mines the Plus YK model. You'll need a shift rod to go with it too but I can't remember which length you'll need... if I get a spare moment I can measure the one I've got if you need it.

Aye, got mine from Lloyd Cooper in Watford too. Nice bunch of folks, never had any issues with them sales or servicing-wise :thumb:

Almost forgot... I have a GPR V4 steering damper as well. It's probably the only gripe I have about the bike, should've at least come with one stock. Not a must have item of course but TBH without one the steering feels a little too light for my liking. Of course I've never had a tank slapper... and hopefully never will lol.

17. RTT

RTT #parp

Yeah, a measurement would be dead handy, thanks!

That was my other question actually; steering dampers. I was surprised that it didn't come with one, I basically had to check before I believed it! Stock dampers are usually ****, but even so...

I went with a ZX6R because going 675 street -> 675 Daytona just felt like more of the same. Don't need a 1000 (had one, don't need that power) and prefer the handling of middle weights, and so the ZX6R is the no-brainer choice. It was that or an 899, and I don't see the point in putting miles on something so nice, not to mention Ducati servicing costs!

Oh, and mine is green :D

18. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

Was the Daytona really that similar? I've toyed with the idea of selling my Street and picking up the Daytona.

19. RTT

RTT #parp

You can tell it's the "same" bike underneath it all, even if the engine characteristics are a bit different. Frankly the Street is a much better bike than the Daytona unless you are on the track a lot as it's so much more punchy and useable. Don't get me wrong, the Daytona is absolutely fantastic so if you want one go for it - but get the new model if you do. Slipper clutch, a bit more mass centralisation, 2ndary injectors, etc.

20. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Ruddy hell, out of the woodwork!

I also approve, test ridden it and had an absolute blast.