1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by workingclass, 5 Feb 2013.

1. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I've bought & sold quite a few game promotion codes on ebay, no problems. :)

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Technically: you've broken the terms and conditions of the offer, and if Nvidia found out they would be perfectly within their rights to cancel the code (and leave Cerberus90 out-of-pocket and without the copy of the game he paid for.)

Realistically: Nvidia doesn't give a monkey's about individual sales, the Ts&Cs are there to stop companies buying 10,000 cards, ripping out the game codes and selling them separately to the cards for a nice bit of double-dipping profit.

There's also the argument that preventing you selling the code is an abuse of the first-sale doctrine and makes the Ts&Cs invalid and illegal, but that's a question for a well-funded legal team - and ain't nobody sticking a well-funded legal team in front of Nvidia's undoubtedly better-funded legal team over a £20 game code.

3. esxboi37

esxboi37 What's a Dremel?

ok well i guess the subjects moot for me anyway if i can't access the market forum thread yet.. :/ i do know for a fact tho that there must be a good few hundred being sold every week so i'd guess as deckerdbr said a lot of people are buying the cards now so they can get the free game code and sell it on to redeem some of the cost of the card.. which in turn is only a good thing for Nvidea.. as some of those customer may well of chosen to go with amd instead particularly for those considering the 970's

4. esxboi37

esxboi37 What's a Dremel?

£20 it is then.. Not that I'm going to sell it Nvidea.. i promise :D

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

SShhhhh, quiet you! :p

On topic, anyone got any rough ideas/opinions/facts on how much benefit it gained form running it on an SSD? I'll need to move some stuff off mine to put W3 on it but if it's negligible I won't bother.

6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Not sure how you would sell it here unless someone picked up on it in this thread but the going rate has been £15 in the market place.

Obviously T&C's and all that apply as mentioned already :D

Sorry, yep loosing track, back to the game :thumb:

7. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

The loading screen that features 'hints and tips' appears and disappears in an instant with the game installed on an SSD!

8. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Just started playing. Far to clunky combat and movement. The response time is really slow as well.... very disappointed. ruining what is otherwise an incredible game.

9. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

Regarding slow response times, make sure you have enough fps. Was like that for me too at first so I lowered a few settings, no AA and foliage to high instead of ultra helped. Was totally different. Also the sidestep (ALT) is your best friend in a fight.

Gonna say this here, this is the best and most immersive RPG I've ever played, including Oblivion which was why I got back into gaming all those years ago.

10. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

The Witcher 3 is heavily animated which gives the perception of clunky combat. It takes a little getting used to but it's only because we've adapted to games that skip on the character animation. In effect we've unknowingly lowered our expectations so fighting appears fluid and frenetic in other games and our brain never catches up with the action! Stick with it though, well worth the effort. It's not a mindless hack and slash and you DO need to think about how to handle even the most basic encounters before ploughing in.

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I find the combat just fine tbh. The things I suck at are blocking/dodging the bigger creatures. But that still feels normal.

Swimming, though, can go **** itself. Geralt does some weird stuff underwater when you're trying to make him surface to, you know, not die.

12. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

It's very counterintuitive, to swim you need to hold down a key instead of hammering it ala GTA style!

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

tried to play again.... boring the socks of me. turned down the settings, combat still sucks. glad i only paid £11 for it.

Still say witcher 1 is the best lol, i really enjoyed the second like im sure i will this one in time but my god the combat is awful in 2 and 3

14. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Is there a review incoming Gareth?

15. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I've been playing for about 10 hours and I don't even think i've scratched the surface. But then again, i'm a wanderer who searches for the side quests, dungeons and loot.

I love the combat, i'm one of those people who enjoy the combat in 2 and 3 rather than the first. Number one is great still, but I prefer 2 and 3's combat more. I love the options of weapons, accessories and armour. It really feels like my choice how geralt performs, rather than conforming to his character. Fights are intense and every one feels challenging. I feel like all potions are useful, crucial even; unlike other games where alchemy is completely useless and you can win a fight without using a single potion or healing item - Skyrim, Dragon Age, Mass Effect etc. I really have to prepare for a big boss fight
    like against Nithral from the Wild Hunt.
    The rewards feel like I've rally worked for them. I've also experimented with the difficulties, easy is really easy, and the hardest is really damn hard. I like how enemies aren't scaled for each area, if you venture too far then you can run into some really difficult customers. You then need to run, I like that.

I don't like swimming, it annoys me. But each game has had this problem. Geralt doesn't seem to do what you want him to. I also don't like Gwent - it's boring.

I'm a massive fan of RPGs of all kinds and the Witcher games are some of my favourites. Witcher: Wild Hunt does what 2 does and even more.

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I've barely done any side quests, I'm 22 hours in, and I don't know if I can see the end yet.

I'll definitely need to re play it and do all the side quests at some stage though.

17. law99

law99 Custom User Title

My experience of 2 was that the fighting was very deliberate. A more tactical affair than most. I did also remember thinking it was rather slow paced, but in the end, for me personally, it was kind of a vehicle in itself; requiring you to think before committing to certain attacks depending on the enemy.

18. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I started the game yesterday, but went back to (my first ever playthrough of) GTA5 after a couple of hours. I need to get stuck into the game properly so I don't really want to be juggling it with another massive AAA title.

On an unrelated note, is it just me or do the trees sort of look like bad watercolour paintings from any distance? It just looks a bit crap imo, although the graphics in general seem pretty enough and run well on a single 980 at 1080p.

19. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Just got to Velen and my jaw dropped when i saw the size of this map alone! :eeek:

20. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

A word to the wise - I installed some of the Patches via the gog galaxy application. It looked like it was successful, however, when I tried to continue my save game, I got an incompatibility error. I noticed the game version was showing as 1.2, not the 1.3 patched that I had applied.

I used the verify install option and it downloaded an addition 600 meg of files but when I logged back in, I was at version 1.3 and my save files worked again.

I don't think I did anything wrong, I just downloaded ad applied the patches available but I am pleased I was able to solve the issue with relative ease!