1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Closet in Comp.....need ideas for it

Discussion in 'Modding' started by IhaveApacemaker, 2 Aug 2003.

1. IhaveApacemaker

IhaveApacemaker What's a Dremel?

See i need help fast on my comp placement

2. Ouches

Ouches What's a Dremel?

Could you possibly elaborate on what your asking a little more?
    As I understand it, you want help with how to set up your computer in your closet, because a closet in a computer is pretty out there if you ask me.
    The easiest way to set up a pc in your closet is to route cables to it, all you really need is a power extention and a network extension. Its possible to just run the 2 cables under the door to a closet or something like that. Once that is complete, setup is just like regular.
    I also dont think this is the proper forum for this thread, so mods...

3. MilitantB0b

MilitantB0b What's a Dremel?

Dude, this is the mod guide forum, as in, if you aint guiding someone through something, it doesn't belong here.

4. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Moving to modding... please try to post in the right forums.

And welcome...

5. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

You might want to post a picture or two, elaborating on your problem?

People here are more than happy giving advice (even if its unwanted:p ) as long as you are clear about what the problem is in the first place.

...and welcome to Bit-Tech.

6. A13n0rma1

A13n0rma1 Wannabe

IF your'e asking about putting a computer in a closet, make sure it's rather spacious...

I have a two door closet [ bout 2 doorways wide, 1 doorway deep ] and I ran an old Pentium 200mhz system in there as a file server overnight once and when I opened the closet in the morning there was an instant rush of hot, stale air in my face.

Just be sure that you're computer case is well-vented OR your closet is well vented OR your closet is walk-in and has a lot of air in it to move

7. kong

kong cnc-guy

Come on guys, it clearly says the closet is in the comp.
    What you wanna do is get some dolls house catalogues and buy some miniature clothes and stuff, then you'll get the closet in the comp, easy.:duh:

8. cargocult

cargocult Guest

:D good one, mate.

But you all have misunderstood what he's saying. He asks how to get a closet built into his computer, it clearly says so in the title. IhaveApacemaker, I think it is too difficult to build the closet into your computer. A full wardrobecloset would use up too much room and I honestly think it would look a bit silly. You would also have to make a custom case to make it fit. I think you will have to settle for a drawer instead. It's not as spaciuos as a full closet, but still very practical for all those bits and stuff that clutters up your computertable. Fortunately, there is plenty of room in the lower front of most generic ATX-case's to install the drawer. In fact, it might be my next project for 'Trine', my comp :D

IhaveApacemaker, good luck modding your new drawer-pc. :dremel:

9. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

ROFL - a closet IN a computer LOL...good one :clap: :hehe:

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

:hehe: If you really had a fat wallet, you could get 2 Li-Li PC-71's or perhaps the full-tower version of the Cheiftech case, stick them on top of each other then cut in some doors and add a rail through the middle and what've you got?

Shirt Closet :D

11. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

i think we should let this thread die.... hes obviously abandoned it... though if u think about his thread more simply, he is saying that he has a computer in his closet and is looking for ideas to mod it.... or something like that :sigh:

12. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

Remove closet from computer, Place on head, walk around town in your new fancy hat..

Paint it, ad a window or just throw it gently intoa cardboard box, all would eb considered a case mod. Putting a computer in a closet is not necessarily a good idea. not enough air, unless it vents outsied or into teh room, however you will still have the noise issue...

13. jake^the^cake

jake^the^cake What's a Dremel?

got a old 133mhz computer in the closet, it works as router so its always on and therefor i cant close the door without overheating it, so whatever u do get proper cooling or prepare to live with your closet open 24/7 :)

14. benje

benje Minimodder

lol what a waste of a thread, and BT bandwidth :(
    this nuub obviously turns up and either doesnt speak very good english, or is just a plain noob.
    let him be and close the thread!

for great justice!

all your base...

15. DeLorean5000

DeLorean5000 What's a Dremel?

Agreed Close this Spam hole!!!! we need a spam smiley...hint hint