1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Looked over to my left & seen the freakshow dripper that I quickly gave up on when I got it & thought I'd give it a try again, glad I did, maybe it needed to soak in juice for a while before it was good to use because it's awesome now.

Dual coil .5 ohm organic cotton 30w with air holes wide open gives big flavour & clouds from a quick breath of it, best vape I've had so far. :D

Should help me cut right down treating it like I did smoking with it being a far bigger satisfying vape.

2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Really is a big difference in flavour & cloud. :)

Seems it was the drip tip restricting air flow when I first tried it, for some reason that made it a harsh vape, tried a more airy tip & it works excellent with it.

Far more flavour, only downside to the freakshow is it leaks onto & through the box mod I use, was leaking through the bottom battery vent holes. :lol:

So paired it up with the aspire sub ohm mod, works nicely & fits flush to the mod, getting as good a hit from that as I was on the 30w box mod & no leaking, reason, the rim on the aspire mod covers the seams on the freakshow when screwed together so only the rim surface gets wet, lucky. :rock::D

4. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

I'm using the derringer by praxis, never tried a freakshow.

I've got .5ohm dual coil "Twisted" 28g kanthal - organic cotton, and at 50w
    [​IMG]

These things make it difficult to see after an exhale. It's amazing for cloud chasing.

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Is a twisted coil basically a dual coil in 1?.

Worth the effort of making twisted coils?. :D

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Before I pack in vaping for good I'm going to make myself one last lot of twisted kanthal coils for my Mutation X; they're so much fun to vape on and it's really satisfying when you get the twists just right.

It's not really difficult to do: clamp both loose ends of wire in a drill, hold the loop in the middle with needle nose pliers, keep tension on the wire (but not too much), and gradually build up the speed on the drill - although you probably want to avoid going full pelt.

Surprise surprise Rip Trippers has a video on twisted kanthal, although his technique differs from the way I do it. He loops the kanthal around an allen key clamped in the drill, whereas I find it far easier to clamp the loose wire ends in the drill and hold the loop with the pliers.

7. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

Seems Rip trippers is more into single thread coils on regulated devices nowadays. He and Twisted Messes used to build crazy stuff on Mech Mods.
    I tried the clapton coil, and on a Doge Clone, 5 wraps at 35W is better than anything I did before. I like a soft vape when I use my drippers, and twisted coils were a bit too harsh for me.
    The Clapton is a bit tricky, but worth it!

8. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

9. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I'll try 24 AWG kanthal, less hassle mounting 1 coil.

Loving the flavour difference with dripping though, messier but feel it's worth the mess.

6mg nicotine spoils the flavour so I'm going down to 3mg, I'll soon just be hooked on flavours but not in a NEED NICOTINE RIGHT NOW kinda hooked. :lol:

10. Ljs

Ljs Modder

The small O ring on the centre post of my NVape Mini seems to have shredded and been stretched so no longer makes a seal. I've contacted them as they don't appear to sell the small O ring in their shop (just the larger ones. :(

Had to go back to my Nautilus Mini for the moment which seems to be built like a tank (no pun) in comparison. Pity it isn't quite as good.

As I may be looking for a replacement does anyone have any reasonably priced suggestions on what to try next?

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I just wrapped up some twisted .32mm kanthal into 0.3ohm dual coils. I haven't done this in a while and now I have a nicotine headache. I'm only vaping at 1.5mg!!

13. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Going to attempt .32 clapton on a 24awg core tonight.

Got my Dark Horse RDA in the post for monday, and 200ml of homebrew in an ultrasonic bath.

What the fudge has happened to my life.
    I somehow miss the Rizzla and backy pouch simplicity.

14. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

15. InSanCen

InSanCen Buckling Spring Fetishist

A Couple of new toys for me...

Troll dripper - Holy crap. Even on a single Clapton coil, that's batshit crazy. Flavour is nice, clouds are just silly. Still a dripper though, so an arse to use.

Eleaf Melo. Put an Atlantis extension on it, because it canes juice as badly as the dripper. I'm amazed a tank can do this.

I'm glad I DIY my juice, or this would get very expensive, very quickly.

16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

After dripping for a few days I'd say dripping vs a good tank atty is like instant coffee vs proper coffee both in flavour & the messing about to make it.

Lung hits dripping wins, mouth to lung hits tank atty wins & I do prefer doing mouth to lung especially in the morning.

Dripping is good for sampling new flavours because you can switch juice every 7 big hits.

17. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

Hey guys not posted in here for quite a while...

at the minute im using a Vamo V5 with a Kanger Protank 2, but im wanting to start chasing those clouds and I have no idea where to start in that regard, can anyone give me some pointers and reccomended kit to get.

Also need tips on how to get a decent cloud as my setup is rather lack luster at the minute :(

Thanks guys.

18. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Aux, an easy step for you would be to hit your local EcigWizard (yes I am biased, see sig) there's one in Leics and one in Hinckley, not sure how close to Leics city you are, and shove a Nano-T on your Vamo. It's the Kanger sub tank which is excellent. It has airflow control which can be tweaked to produce more vapour and is just generally better than your protank.

Your Vamo is by the numbers a little long in the tooth but frankly with a decent tank (read: anything but a protank) you will get a massive improvement.

I have no doubt that you will get a dearth of advice for some hefty setups after my post but IMHO this would be a good starting point as the subtank nano has a rebuild base option and sub ohm coils online too if you want to go a bit further.

19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Could he not invest in the Subtank Mini and then when funds allow upgrade his mod to one which will fire builds under 1.2Ω? The nice thing about the Mini over the Nano is that it'll allow you to build to the resistance of your choice out of the box, plus it holds a touch more juice, all for just a few quid extra...

Seems more future proof to me, unless you're limited by the diameter of your battery.

In other news, I'm not usually a dessert type of guy, but Triphammer Vienna Whirl can count me as a new fan. Really good flavour from a lab which has had mixed reviews on some of its juices.

20. InSanCen

InSanCen Buckling Spring Fetishist

I can lung hit with minimal slipstreaming at 30W on the Melo. It's the main reason I was unhappy with the Nautillus. It's weird, thinking back to when I started, that I preferred the Nautilus on the smallest setting. should be dropping to 0nic this week as well.