1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Watchdog investigates Sony's refund policy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 28 May 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

Sony's refund logo is of a closed fist with just the middle finger raised erectly.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

But the 'you wanna refund? lolnope...' attitude is not unique to sony, I know it doesn't excuse it but getting a refund for a digital purchase from Microsoft or Steam is just as hard... Even Apple it's a long-winded convoluted process which ultimately relies on the good will of whichever rep you're dealing with [Speaking as a former apple phone drone who had to sort out erroneous purchases for people on an almost daily basis...]

4. Syphadeus

Syphadeus What's a Dremel?

Digital purchases are the future, bound by EULA and refund policies that are stone age.

Attention like this is needed. The stealth Steam policy change for UK and EU users is the same bag of testicles. You know, the whole "you're entitled to a refund now, up until the point you legally accept the contract, which is now now the point at which you click buy, but rather the point at which you download it".

Right, so that basically makes NO difference to me, but makes ALL the difference to complying with EU sales law on - yes - a technicality. Absolute rubbish and every single one of these companies needs to be taken to task for it and hard. But, of course, they won't be.

5. somidiot

somidiot Minimodder

6. Paulg1971

Paulg1971 Minimodder

full of praise for Origin on this one, my 9 year daughter borrowed my wifes bank card, started a paypal and origin account and promptly spent £130 on sim points which I was told at first were non-refundable, but after a couple of minutes of being very nice ,I was refunded the whole lot.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

8. rollo

rollo Modder

The fact she has the brains to start both accounts suggests a good level of intellect at that age as most 9 year olds would not be able to.

9. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Would like to say, Humble do refunds.
    Bought the dlc extras for Saints Row 4 and along with the Game of the Century Edition, didn't realise that it included all the dlc.

The dlc was bought by accident and although it didn't cost much because of the sale they refunded without hassle when I asked.

So Steam, EA, Ubisoft, and Sony, what say you?

10. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

I'm glad to say unless my 8yo daughter has a sudden year spurt of developing knowledge of bank cards and there use - I'm thankfully safe of the same fate lol.

I'd maybe see this as a early warning sign and maybe start on the college fund if not already in place :)

11. Newton Sporkfondle

Newton Sporkfondle Spork, the all-purpose eating tool!

"Bugger off, it's our money now."

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Absolute rubbish from the BBC to single out Sony like that, plenty of other companies are no better.

13. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Actually, as much as a shitty company EA are, they are good with refunds/customer service.
    Never had to use Ubisofts, so don't know theirs.

But Steam is just that... a Steam-ing pile of horse manure.

We need to cause a big enough stink about it here in the UK to get their policy changed.

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team