1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Spec me a gas cooker.

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 3 Jun 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I know what you are thinking but I have never bought a cooker in my life. So looking for advice here rather than signing up to mumsnet.

I am having a new kitchen fitted and looking to buy a new cooker and fridge freezer. Think I have the latter sorted as John Lewis have a couple I fancy and on the plus side they take away your old one for tge princely sum of 9 quid.

The cooker is a different matter, needs to be free standing, not cost more than £250. Does not need to be all singing all dancing as only one person in the house will use it as I no longer can eat solid food.
    Size is not important but I suspect the smaller the better.

Any suggestions?

2. asura

asura jack of all trades

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sorry nice thought and I appreciate your suggestion. Perhaps I should have mentioned that I do stay in a flat which has mains gas so alleviating the need for gas canisters if I went this route.

4. elise_s1

elise_s1 What's a Dremel?

not the advice you wanted, but you better get an induction hob

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

These are good, plus you can take it with you when you go camping (though, they are a bit heavy for hiking)
    [​IMG]

6. asura

asura jack of all trades

Sorry, was by way of a joke - I've had good experiences with Neff, both for electric oven and gas hob. Though as mentioned above, induction is nice - it's more efficient even than gas (though is still useless for woks!) but the initial cost is generally much higher.

7. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Currys - Kitchen Appliances - Cooking - Cookers - Gas Cookers then sort by price. You'll find 9 in your price bracket that are all basically identical. Choose one that (a) is the right width and (b) is a colour you like - you'll not get anything other than the most basic features for <£250... If you're desperate to differentiate between the models then there are hundreds of reviews there to read.

8. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

ao.com

Have a browse sure there will be something on there.