1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

You'd be wrong

Opps, wrong again

Or even a moot one..

And why should they?

It isn't

Phew, none of us are mice.:thumb:

OMG Oh noez >99% nicotine, totally not like anything that is commonly available, strongest I've seen and buy is 7.2%

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I agree it needs to be handled as a poison without a doubt, and as far as I know nicotine suppliers need to obtain permission and certification to even be allowed to supply the stuff.

I for one only use a maximum of 3mg/ml in my own mixes, although some vape up to 24mg/ml and higher - why I don't know. For me it just gives a subtle additional throat hit in certain juices. Note that the strongest dilution you can commercially buy for mixing in the UK is 72mg/ml. That is very diluted already.

The authorities need to recognise that there are three or four tiers of vaping though, roughly:

1) Supermarket/petrol station cigalikes.
    2) Small, high resistance stick mods with clearomisers.
    3) Mainstream sub-ohm tanks/RDAs and regulated mods up to about 50W.
    4) Advanced mods up to and over 100W which can drive just about anything as long as you understand Ohm's Law.

I would argue that those for whom vaping has become a proper hobby (groups 3 & 4) are being unfairly lumped in with the largely ignorant masses.

Households have contained deadly dilutions of hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide etc for many decades, which if handled correctly are perfectly safe - just like nicotine and other medicines.

3. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

Thanks, we can all make grammar or spelling corrections and point out the difference between one species and another.

Where are the current regulations and controls regarding the sale of e-cigarettes? I should have spent more time making a well researched argument.

Shirty I agree people have had access to chemicals, not as much as the good old days when chemists had everything.

The difference imo they are not planning on inhaling them. OK the concentrations are lower but by inhaling stuff you're getting better efficacy than eating it. A drop to the eye may give a better hit but I don't think there is much fun in it.

On a side note, the lack of regularisation means that the nicotine used is most probably not compliant with food and drug laws. As its most probably stynthetic; that 1-2% could be a number of things.

4. Shirty

I don't know what others use, but the nicotine I use in my mixtures is provided from a pharmaceutical company, they even provide the full pharmacological report:

[​IMG]

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Sure can

On the sale of them? To the best of my knowledge there are no current laws restricting the sale of them, although I'm probably wrong on this.

As for their safety;
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2004:390:0024:0037:EN:PDF
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32011L0065&from=EN
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2007:136:0003:0280:EN:PDF
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32001L0095&from=EN

That's for starters off the top of my head, there are more dealing with the supply and labelling and chemicals (nicotine) such as Chip, CLP etc etc

From an old study I read the absorption rate though inhalation is quite poor.

And why should they comply with laws that they're not subject too?

As an aside I'd say the devices are well regulated enough as it is, the nicotine liquid itself could do with a little extra though to address purity, cleanliness etc, and I'd fully support a ban on sale to under 18's

The days of vaping being the wild west are behind us, consumers that fall within Shirty's groups 3 & 4 know the score, know where to get quality UK or EU made liquids etc, and as most of us are grown ass adults should be left alone to get on with our lives as we see fit.

6. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Regulation is fine, provided it takes a holistic view and does not restrict access for adults who can take an informed view. Reactionary and excessive controls that constrain access need to also take responsibility for the health implications of protecting tobacco smoking by association.

Interesting article here fro ASH about 10 years ago in response to ill conceived and uninformed attempts to excessively regulate NRT.... https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...ST8qu5DQftRpAyvug&sig2=0XV0wkmSen8j6pXEerkvuA

7. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

Shifty; that's a specification sheet. It only lists what the chemical should have been tested against. Without the test results, batch number, a signature, name and date (meaning its a certificate of analysis or CoA) its worthless. They also should specify where the tests are taken from. The tests should adhere to those met by other batch's which passed whatever intended use and formulation it was meant for origionally if the material was to be used as a drug. You should be able to obtain a CoA if you ask; I would recommend you do but you'll need a batch number.

Of another concern is whether it was made by the same synthetic route. The criteria for each impurity is useless if they make it a different way.

What pharma company are you buying from?

None of the nicotine you buy will be made in the EU. They'll be bought from most probably China, split and then sold.

8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Behave, misrepresentation of country of origin is something the trading authorities take a very dim view on :rolleyes:

9. Shirty

D_G, I have all of the batch and analysis data to hand as well. My supplier is fully state sanctioned and legal.

On another note, synthetic nicotine is incredibly expensive compared to extracted nicotine, so unless all of these companies are selling it at a loss I suspect it's natural.

Note that I am using a fraction of the nicotine I used to inhale as a smoker now, without the tar or CO* so I'm far happier and healthier than I have been for the last couple of decades!

* Not to mention the Formaldehyde, Acetaldehyde, Acetone, Acrolein, Propionaldehyde, Crotonaldehyde, Methyl-Ethyl-Ketone, ButyraldehydeHydroquinone, Resorcinol, Catechol, Phenol, Cresol (m+p and o)3- and 4-aminobiphenyl, 1- and 2- aminonapthlene, o-toluidine, o-anisidine NO,Benzene, Toluene, 1,3-butadiene, Isoprene, AcrylonitrilePyridine, Quinoline, StyreneNickel (Ni), Cadmium (Cd) Lead (Pb) Chromium (Cr) Arsenic (As) Selenium (Se), Mercury (Hg) N-Nitrosonornicotine (NNN)N-Nitrosoanabasine (NAB) Nitrosoanatabine (NAT)4-(N-nitrosomethylamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone (NNK)N,N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA)N-Nitrosopyrrolidine (NPYR), N,N-Nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA)N,N-Nitrosoethylmethylamine (NEMA), N,N-Nitrosodipropylamine (NDPA)N,N-Nitrosodibuthylamine (NDBA), N-Nitrosopiperidine (NPIP)Naphthalene, 1-Methylnaphthalene, 2-methylnaphthalene, AcenaphthyleneAcenaphthene, Fluorene, Phenanthrene, Anthracene, FluoranthenePyrene, Benzo(a)anthracene, Chrysene, Benzo(b)fluorantheneBenzo(k)fluoranthene, Benzo(j)fluoranthene, Benzo(g,h,l)peryleneBenzo(e)pyrene, Benzo(a)pyrene, PeryleneIndeno(1,2,3,-cd)pyrene, Dibenzo(a,h)anthraceneDibenz(a,j)acridine, Dibenz(a,h)acridine, Dibenz(a,e)pyreneDibenz(a,h)pyrene, Dibenz(a,i)pyrene, Dibenz(a,l)pyrene7H-Dibenzo(c,g)carbazole,2-Amino-3-methylimidaszo(4,5-f)quinoline (IQ)2-Amino-3,4-dimethylimidazo(4,5-f)quinoline (MeIQ)2-Amino-3-methyl-9H-pyrido(2,3-b)indole (MeAaC)2-Amino-9H-pyrido(2,3-b)indole (AaC)1-Methyl-9H-pyridol(3,4-b)indole (Harman)9H-Pyrido(3,4-b)indole (Norharman) of course... ;)

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

^Mmmmmm lovely toxic coctail of death.

Glad I gave vaping a proper try, right now I'm vaping Orange vanilla ice cream & it's awesome. :lol:

11. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

So the Subtank mini is.......not mini :D
    Conversely, the istick30 is much smaller than I had anticipated.

Good clouds though, although I seem to be getting less flavour than I did from the iclear16's but then I'm only taking 1-2 second drags instead of 5-8.

Cracking recommendation Shirty, ta.
    Now to look at this rebuildable deck it came with...

12. Shirty

Glad you're enjoying it. I have some more exotic gear but the pocketability of this combo makes it my daily driver. As a bonus the iStick 30W makes a good companion for a flavourful dripper, just don't go below about 0.6Ω or it'll take forever to heat up. I prefer a 1Ω dual coil build using thin 30 gauge wire on my Tugboat, cool, flavourful clouds and max VG goodness.

Going back to thin stick mods like the Ego Twist just feels weird now, a bit like smoking a branded *** when you're used to rollies :D

13. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Yep, just done that as I (purposefully) ran the iStick flat.

Weird is not the word.
    Crap might be ;)

14. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Counting down the days until the Sigelei 75w TC mod is out, should be 25th of June!

15. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Tiny ESP30, quite like it

[​IMG]

Except for
    [​IMG]

16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

This is kanger subtank plus, holds 7ml of juice & I prefer it so much more with the black o-rings. :)

[​IMG]

17. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

What i need to find is something pub sized. (fits in the pocket). Last few months i have got into all the mods and bigger batteries and love it. But need something with a small dumpy battery and a decent tank

18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

An MVP3 & a subtank mini fits into a back pocket easily, so I can't see the problem, get bigger pockets :thumb:

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

It's a mech mod but makes a good compact setup, this is the clone version so is far cheaper than the original, I've got 1 & it goes awesome with a 22mm diameter tank, doubt you could get more compact.
    https://www.fasttech.com/product/1834000-kato-styled-18650-mechanical-mod

I've got the plus version with massive juice tank but this one would fit the kato mod nicely.
    https://www.ukecigstore.com/kanger-subtank-mini.html

Would have uploaded a picture of it to show difference from the setup I just shown but the camera ran out of battery. :lol:

Charged the battery a bit.

[​IMG]

And thats a russian 91% in the kato mod.

Last edited: 19 Jun 2015
    bulldogjeff likes this.
  20. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Well spotted Wayne. that's the sort or thing I was looking for. That looks pocket sized and I have a couple of tanks i could use with that.. Have some rep :thumb: