1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete Project Alternate 'COMPLETED'

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Deblow, 10 Mar 2015.

1. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

this is the shell, Done :D
    time to work on the belly of the beast!

2. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

Very, very nice finish on the coating. That's why you invested in the expensive paint, and not the cheaper stuff ;) How scratch resistant does the paint feel?

3. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Thanks,

The parts I did 1st are rock hard, others are still a bit softer but not scratched any of them yet :)
    think they will withstand most things, will know more over the next week or 2 as i add the guts
    After 4 weeks I will do the fingernail:idea: test

4. _TechPuppet_

_TechPuppet_ What's a Dremel?

Looks sweet can't wait to see it completed!

5. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

This is going to be one of the bigger updates, mainly because i forgot to add some bits earlier in the log
    & iv also decided to cover my desktop lifting mechanism that i filmed some months ago.

So to kick it if I will start with the hinges that had been covered in wrap, decided to cover them as
    they didn't look to match the desk in plan silver, for now there carbon but this could be changed to red
    as the build progresses.

your thoughts on the carbon vs red for the hinges & speakers would be appreciated, but i think its best
    to wait until the internals are completed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im using some motobike bolts from my old Honda, made from titanium like my leg, they should help reduce the weight lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My friends was kind enough to move my desk inside the house for me, turned out to be more easy that expected with no damage
    to report or broken bones :)
    the heaviest parts was the 2 bottom sections, but after about 30mins they was all setup in my room & fit perfect

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1st things on the list to do was adding the fans, RADs, RES & some wiring
    Jet Flow 120s

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

used some mesh & tights as the filters again, this method work so well for me over the last 5 years I cant see me changing anytime soon,
    & its a good reason to have some ladys stockings in my room ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quick test of the side lighting & some fans, the light bleed on the side lights has now been corrected
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fan controler I will be using, removed the white parts & now the LEDs on the front lightup red instead of blue.
    just waiting for some Phobya logos that i will stick on the front

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

forgot to give this a clean, but this is one of the side compartments, covered in carpet, this will hold cables, gamepags & other bits that would
    normally clutter the desktop

[​IMG]

as I said before, the hinges & speakers are getting wrapped, im still unsure what wrap i will go for,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One major part of the desk thats not been mentioned before is the lifting mechanism im planing to use.
    via remote the motor will lift the glass top high enough for me to work on the inside of the desk,
    but the glass can also be pushed together back if needed & rest on the speakers & top shelf nicely due to the
    carefully planed angles

for the motor demo & to see the desk live please checkout the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxFLFPlbAgw

More updates next week hopefully :)

6. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Going to be a busy week, wife due to pop any day now, more packages have arrived that i've been eagerly awaiting
    so I can get to work on the internal panels & logos.

during the past week I started painting my nutz & remote for the desk lifting motor, painted now so there nice
    & hard ready for when i pick the speaker housing finish & fit the glass top.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same finish as the desk, matte black

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also did the top shelf lighting, using strips & 2 other types of single LEDs on the desk.
    on the shelf I now have chaser lights 10 pin & standard 5050 4 pin LEDs,
    this gives me hundreds of lighting options & also means I'm able to have chasing lights
    set to any shade I want while also having a second light pulsing or one of the other options.

The only downside is, I needed to solder 54 points just for the shelf :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Fenix has helped me out by getting most the logos laser cut for me along with
    2 360 RAD covers that I plan to wrap & add some bits too later in the build

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plan to add some lighting to the RADs that can be changed to any colour should I fancy a change from the current red & black theme

[​IMG]

8. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Final update for today & im happy to report Iv bent my 1st hard tube with success :D

Using 16mm Alphacool hard tubing with the 16mm Alpha fittings in black for this build, not as easy has the rubber im use to
    but should look a lot cleaner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heres my 1st bend, used my motorbike internal gloves as i forgot to buy some
    heat gloves

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and heres a quick look at the internal setup work thats started, going to be wrapped with leather & carbon for sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now i have the fan covers & logos I started to add the CM Silencio FP 120 fans to the RADs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also been working on covering the side compartment with the leather

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

most of the above is still work in progress, should be able to show more detail when i get hold of a better camera
    thats all for today, hope you like it so far? :)

9. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Seeing the first tubes go in makes my pants happy. :) Such a great project! :rock: :rock: The laser cut fan grills look great! They fit the theme, and don't look restrictive at all. Great work!

10. tekonivel

tekonivel Minimodder

Looks sweet. Is it heavy?

11. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

I really like the look of the speakers. If I were to choose, I think I'd go with the red instead of the carbon, just to make some contrast from all the other black :)

12. TATH

TATH Minimodder

I can see your no stanger to working with tools.

Verry verry nice build.
    "building a desk myself at the moment" love the work with the mdf.

Hope see more from you.

13. Sn00k3r

Sn00k3r What's a Dremel?

This is just

[​IMG]

14. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

lol, Thanks again Bart!
    will be sad when this is over & i no longer get to make your pants happy :(

thanks Mic, going to try get a friends camera for a couple of hours for some better pics...

2 man team moved it in the house in 4 sections, heaviest parts was the bottom sections, most tricky was the middle section..
    I did plan for all the doorways & turns on the steps, only hard part of the move was
    when they got to my tiny room lol
    very heavy as a whole

thanks for the input mate, its a 50 50 so far with the RvC, will be more easy to pick one towards the end so iv left them as they are for now

15. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Thanks alot Tath. good luck with your desk build, going to see if I can find it now :)

lol thanks

16. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Your paintwork looks not bad at all.

How are the edges of the wooden panels?

17. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

fine, should be some photos showing the edges along with a video I posted on the last page that shows it from different angles
    thats if your talking about the outer desk work & not the internal panels that im still working on

18. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Cooler Master found me to be using an older CM PSU as the power source for my LEDs,
    Motor & other none main PSU dependant parts, so kindly offered me a nice new G750M

This will be more than enough for my setup & can even act as a power source for a 3nd/4th GPU
    should I add them later down the road.

so the main PC parts are running on the V1200 & extras run from the G750M.
    I also got my hands on some other CM parts that I plan to breakdown & use on the desk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fitted the RAD covers & added some independent RGB lighting to them

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Both the PSU's are going under the right side of the desk on the top shelf,
    this is so they have some fresh air & dont add to the temps inside the main part
    of the desk,
    I can also get to them more easily should I need.

[​IMG]

Installed the main power on the back wall under the desk in the center, this is also so I can get to it easily.

[​IMG]

Breaking down some of the PSU housings so I can use the badges on the RAD covers

[​IMG]

just a quick test fit to see how they looked so not stuck on 100% correct, decided to blackout the outer circles

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Think they look better now
    [​IMG]

in this pic you can see some of the internal panels have been covered with black leather (flux)
    have never seen anyone do this before so thought it would make a nice change :)
    still lots more to be done to the panels though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started to mod the 2nd Phobya Fan Controller, removing the white print, changing from blue to red LED & adding a new logo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still loads more to do, but with some luck I hope to have this completed within the next 4 to 5 weeks or maybe sooner :)

19. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Things are calming down a bit here now so im continuing with the lighting,
    I've now moved on to the logos & some internal lighting..

Also now covered all the internal panels with leather, the leather is in keeping with the overall look of the desk,
    not too shiny (glossy) yet still able to reflect some light in the places I want.

This is the main right side cover, hole for the lift & square cut for the pump

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Having 2X ASUS ROG logos, 1 per side that will be RGB lighted, Red & white main, & then the full RGB options should I fancy a change :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is one of the HD covers, will also be RGB lit
    going at the back of the desk above the MB.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is one of the bigger logos, my own, will also be RGB controlled & im going to trey blend it in best I can.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats all for today as im needed for daddy duties :D

20. Icelander

Icelander Minimodder