1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by workingclass, 5 Feb 2013.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Where are these cannibals as I would like to visit and share my sword with them? Lol.

2. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

So I finished the Wild Hunt last night, Mixed feelings about my ending.

SPOILERS AHOY - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

So I chose to try and romance both Triss & Yenefer, which later backfires and is presumably part of the reason they are not involved much in the 'what happened to everyone' ending scenes.

However, nor was anyone else. I have read and watched a fair few reviews for the wild hunt and they all say what happens to the characters you meet is dependent on your actions and the epilogue tells you about their fates. Yet for me that never happened.

In my game, Vesimer died at the hands of the hunt at Kear Morhan, with every other character surviving that encounter. Apart from Diektra (due to a failed quest error in his treasure quest), they all turned up to defend Ciri as well.

When I went to Undvik for the final encounter - I had Triss, Yen, Ciri, Phillipa and another 2 Sorceresses, one I saved from the Witch Hunters and another free from Emhyre. Just before that encounter, when getting the sun stone with Phillipa, she has a conversation with you about leaving with Yen after it's all over due to a change in the agreement. This is pretty significant but never mentioned again...!

Another example being, in one of the quests for the witches of crookback bog, I chose to release the spirit from the Tree in the local village. That Spirit ends up in a red eyed horse, who from reviews I have read, goes on to kill a major character. This did not happen for me and I even saw that horse at Kear Morhan while you are preparing to defend against the Wild hunt.

So I am left with no idea who survived the final encounter apart from Ciri that is, although it was a touching ending between those two, so no complaints there.

I did not know that the hunt were effectively Elves living and traveling from another sphere, that was a nice surprise.

Despite those missteps it is still a great game and a great story. So excellently crafted and with so many good quests, many randomly stumbled across while exploring or riding about from one place to another. I can wait to experience the additional expansions when later released, let alone try it all again and take different paths.

3. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I've discovered the horse and patience is all you need for some of the high level monsters...

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Also spoilers!

Well, the Triss/Yen thing was always going to backfire! I'm pretty sure Yen can barely contain her contempt for Triss ;P

I'm not sure how you managed that, though, I barely did any side quests and barely had anyone but the major players at the end. Vesemir died, though, I think that might happen no matter what you do..

I liked the notion of the Wild Hunt, but maybe I missed something - I simply don't get their motivation. Are they always just looking for Ciri or someone like her, or are they just super-murderers? If the latter, what's the crack with the dude you meet when travelling between worlds with the Elf you remove the curse from?

5. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Their world is dying and they needed Ciri to take over Geralts. The Wild Hunt uses the frost when they arrive somewhere but the perma frost is also a destroyer of worlds. Presumably they over used it?

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Care to elaborate?

7. liratheal

Oooooh. Okay, yeah that makes sense. I think it's because I stormed through the first time and where I am now I've barely even got to the point of exploring Skellige, so I've probably missed a few chunks of story.

8. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

RE that guy you meet when travelling between the spheres with the elvan sage Avallac'h, (the masked man from those early bits of the game, who later becomes the cursed uma - AKA the ugliest man in velen), he is called Ge'els and is one of the Aen Elle Elves (Aen Elle being the 'other sphere') and one of Eredin's (king of the wild hunt and the 'Red Riders') main lieutenants.

When you inform Ge'els that Eredin, killed their previous king, naturally he does not believe you, being merely a Withcer form Aen Seidhe (effectively Geralt's Sphere) so Geralt & Avallach use an omiromancer in Vizima to view the final moment of the previous king. This proves the truth and acts to convince Ge'els not to send reinforcements to Eredin when you finally engage him.
    Effectively previous regicide, revenged with more regicide!

So the spectral riders, are effectively Aen Elle Elves, who have mastered travel through the portal that connect the spheres. They needed to harness the power of the elder blood in ciri (who is a descendant of Lara Dorren) to save their own world, which is apparently dying, by taking over the world of the Aen Seidhe.

I think I got all that right :p

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Started my second playthough and decided to spend a bit of time in white Orchard honing my skills so to speak and discovered a couple of level 18 drowners protecting some underwater treasure. WTF. See no point in having that sort of level monsters in what is essentially a training area.

10. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Monsters are unlevelled in the Witcher, one of the things I enjoy. Having high level monsters in white Orchard is for you, the person who does decide to level up that far and explore it all so early. It rewards you for doing so.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sorry I do not understand what you are saying at all. Monsters unlevelled. I could see 18 and a red sign above the Drowners stats so that would mean what? It is impossible to level up to 18 in White Orchard and I am certainly not inclined to come back later.

12. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

In most RPGs, monsters level with the player but they designed the witcher to have 'encounter zones'. This means that some areas are harder than others and the levels of the monsters don't scale with the players level. Quest areas will have a dedicated level in the quest log so you don't get ahead of yourself, but some areas without quests that only have loot will have higher level monsters to challenge the player. Seriously, I was going for the places of power at about level 15 because I wanted some extra points before the next quest. I ventured pretty far found a place of power guarded by a level 24 wraith.

Even if you're not inclined to come back, some people are and will level up that early. I wouldn't say it's impossible to level up that far given the amount of caves, villages and such in white orchard, but some people will probably go back later to make sure everything is done.

13. liratheal

Ah, yeah, the names are ringing bells and sounding familiar. I suck at names, so I tend to forget the Ge'els and Eredins and what not >.>

Even if you didn't - It made sense!

14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I cannot seem to get Willis in White orchard to offer me the Firestarter quest.

15. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Ride at the target and swing your sword at them. I've yet to find a high level monster that could keep up with the horse. Consequently I've killed quite a few monsters that have red bars and I'm only knocking off what seems like a pin head amount, but twenty minutes later - yes I'm that sad - provided they don't regenerate, we're looking golden.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I find fighting in the saddle is a bit hit and miss with Witcher 3 this should be far better are certainly more useful when fighting many bandits.

17. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Regarding the prologue 'Something end, something begins', I have seen a video on IGN where there are prologue quests and main characters to talk to, yet my world is empty despite getting a fairly good ending.

I think mine must be bugged, I have 2 quest markers on the top level map, one in White Orchard and one in the Palace in Visima yet on the local maps there are no equivalent quest markers.

Spoilers:
    In the IGN video, they appear to be in white orchard and it's now winter time. There are several quests with Ciri, mainly related to hunting for food and interacting with her. But also conversations with Zoltan, Dandelion & Yen.

Anyone else who completed it experience this problem?

18. creative

creative 500rwhp

Starting to get into this now. Doing a lot of roaming rather than following leads etc.

Only gripe.. I wish it would tell you the level of the enemy before you start a contract ( as in whilst your playing without having to go into the quest menu) . I stumbled across "Little Red" and thought I would give it a go.... yeah, she turns into a Lvl 15 werewolf... I was a lvl 8! Ended up loading my pre save and letting her have the bloke to pass it. I know I could of come back but with the sheer amount of stuff to do I prefer to complete things as I come to them.

Also found a 70slot saddlebags. Now I have upto 130 and just collect everything and then sell it all when I see a trader. Made some nice coin this way.

19. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

Save your crowns - you'll be able to buy some saddle bags which allow you to carry 100 later down the line.

20. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

It does after a fashion from the 'Quest' menu. Anything highlighted in red would be a challenge for your current character level. Green and your good to go!