1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Trivial things that annoy you

Discussion in 'General' started by legoman, 10 Jul 2015.

1. Wozzname

Wozzname Some random guy

You'll love this one, which almost seems to be local to Aberdeenshire...

People who drive 40 in a 60 decide that 40 in a 30 is acceptable too.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Packaging on just about anything.

3. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

It's when the road is normal and people insist on going well under the limit. Obviously on poor roads or ones with a lot of corners etc. I don't expect to be going 60 all the time.

Yep get the people doing 40 everywhere around here to.

Couple of other driving ones:

When I'm in a 30 and driving along and someone comes steaming up behind me and gets frustrated I'm not speeding up because the National Speed limit sign is in sight.

Also people overtaking me when I'm doing the speed limit on single carriage roads.....where have you got to be in such a hurry?!

So I guess speeding in general.

4. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Depends on the supermarket I guess, but for the most part there's plenty of space. From my own experience you get more congestion from people hanging around trying to get to something than if you simply reduce the total width of the path. Certainly any main Sainsbury's I've been to has very wide aisles, M&S seems to be smaller along with Waitrose, the Local varieties have the smallest of the lot.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

As a broad shouldered man.

Narrow. ****ing. Doorways.

6. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

People/other companies that ring everyday hassling to get a job out even tho its tuesday and we agreed friday.

Then getting an call a month later because the file won't open on there PC and its the first time they have tried to use it.

7. asura

asura jack of all trades

This - exactly this.

<-- in the shire too.

8. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

People creating abbreviations for words that already have accepted abbreviations. Especially when the 'new' abbreviation is already used by another word with a different meaning.
    e.g. Millimetres is abbreviated to mm, not mil. A mil is a measure of angle.

*grumble*grumble*mutter*mutter*

9. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Not going to lie, that annoys me too. I know fools that put ml to mean mm as well. Are you measuring a fricking liquid?

Something that annoyed me? When the missus turns to me and asks if i've seen things that I've neither touched or even seen myself - like her makeup bag. It's pretty trivial, but it like she expects me to keep an inventory of all of her things XD

10. MadGinga

+100

Wife: "Have you seen my car keys?"
    Me: "No, where did you last see them?" [*in head response: "Why in gods-name would I have seen your car keys? I mean I have my own car, and haven't driven yours in months, why are you asking me?"*]
    Wife: "In my handbag."
    Me: "Have you looked in your handbag?"
    Wife: *looks in handbag* "Oh, there they are."
    Me: *facepalm* :eyebrow: :sigh:

11. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Have that one all the time. She drives but I don't, since i'm still doing my lessons, test soon. Obviously i'd have no need for her car keys, so I must know where they are all the time, apparently.

12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Recruiters.
    So. Many. Recruiters. The last few weeks have be so full of mails like this that I'm starting to think someone is pranking me with a fake CV or linkedin profile, or for some reason the very first CV I did when I was 16 is stuck in one of the tubes somewhere on the internet.

Either that or despite being an IT recruiter, they have no actual knowledge of IT beyond " "ooh err hey there's something about computers in that there chap's linkedin profile and that must be all there is to it, right?" or "hey, this guy's in Nottingham, this job is in Nottingham, what's not to like?"

If I didn't value my time more, I'd take it upon myself to follow all of these up and waste theirs.

13. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Have you seen how much some of them charge company's to recruit someone its crazy.

Something like 20% of the salary so for a 40 000 job 8 grand to basically look through some CVs.

14. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Ah recruiters, driving up the cost for employers and driving down the salary of employees. Masters of the lose lose scenario.

The amount of time they waste compared to dealing directly with a company is astonishing. What can be established in a 20 min phone call with a prospective boss can take many times that plus emails with a recruiter.

15. legoman

legoman breaker of things

People who have "meetings/chats" on staircases, for that matter when they do the same outside toilets and outside lifts and generally stupid places. They then look at you like youve just run over a child with an industrial lawn mower when you try and get passed.
    Happens a lot here

16. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

In general I find that people always tend to prefer stopping and chatting in the narrowest part of the area.

17. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

People who don't indicate on roundabouts!!

It's simple, indicate so people know which exit you are taking!!

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

My favourite is when someone joins the roundabout indicating one way and just goes a completely different way! Always a hoot.

19. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Ah yes, those in the outermost lane of the roundabout and decide to go all the way around and cut in front of you.

I have to say though, I find that anything but trivial - There have been a couple of times I've had to fight the urge to cog it down and T-Bone the b@st@rds!

20. MadGinga

Me: "Can I buy a second charger for my phone, so I can leave it plugged in at work? Its only £6."
    SWMBO: "No. We've spent too much this month already."
    Me: "Ok."
    *next day*
    SWMBO: "Can we go see this show in London? Tickets are only £50."
    Me: "..."