1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Yeah mate I must admit it was a little scary in a butch manly way of course.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Understandable. Goddamn.

3. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

There's just some people who you just realise that no matter how nice and helpful you are to them, they're a lost cause. I've just realised as such with a couple of people I know. After trying so hard to be a friend, they've constantly thrown it in my face, taken advantage and I've decided enough is enough. I want to have some friends, but these people are not worth my trouble.

It just snapped today I think. That moment I realise that being nice for the sake of nice isn't cutting it. I'm doing things just to please people and never thinking about how it makes me feel. I'm just not doing it anymore. If people are going to treat me like a piece of crap on their shoe, i'm not going to take it lying down.

I'm not a f***ing doormat, i'm just done being one.

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

So sorry for you, it's not so terribly long ago that my mum experienced a very similar fate at nearly the same age, but with lung cancer - it doesn't seem fair does it?

Although I had some warning, the deterioration over a 3 week period was astonishing and like your mum once in hospital time was very limited.
    Afterwards, other than making the necessary arrangements, I pretty much shut down for about 3 weeks , then over the following month started to get back into the daily routine.
    The first month or two was the hardest, random outbursts of tears, and the feeling of guilt if I laughed or smiled at something.

The only advise I can give is, do grieve, but try to get on with your life - give yourself a little time to come to terms with it but don't beat yourself up if a smile sneaks in.

Cancer truly does suck.

5. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Thanks Parge! Am a little catatonic really but thanks ever so much for your support

6. bionicgeekgrrl

bionicgeekgrrl Minimodder

7. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Customs/Parcelforce! Would have taken less time and probably cheaper to fly to china and bring the damn thing back with me!

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I'm with you on that one, 20 years of chronic lower back pain after getting hit by a car. My chiropractor helps (don't care if you 'believe' in them or not - not interested) but the pain is always there. The only thing that has helped in any meaningful way with the pain is still illegal (can't understand why but that's another story) and I can't use it due to 'drug policies' where I work.

Onto other ruining things, this maybe one for the demote thread. I cannot believe how many people working in the electrical industry know so little about electricity and how it works and behaves, it's honestly worrying when you're dealing with safety critical things like breaker timings and earthing systems.

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

With you on back pain today, must have slept funny last night now ive got lower back pain and what can only be described as the pain when someone kidney punches you from behind.

10. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Yep, got caught up in that whole nightmare in December trying to get something over from the states in time for Christmas.
    Ordered and paid for express delivery on 19th December, didn't get until the third week in January.

Even when confirmed it was with ParcelForce, I had to wait a week for them to send (by mail) a reference code before I could pay to have it released.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just had a call from the Urology department of the Western General hospital who gave me a provisional date for the TURP operation as the 19th of August. Been really looking forward to this one.

12. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Good luck.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Luck, hopefully, will play no part in this operation given the area it will take place, thanks very much.

14. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

That doesn't sound much fun, hope it goes well mate.

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

All the best, man!

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thanks guys.

17. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

Right this very moment? ASUS NA Tech support and their RMA procedures. 3rd time around shipping a motherboard back to them. 1st time, the "repair" lasted 8 months. 2nd time around, they sent me a different "refurbished" board, that was missing a sata connector and status led. Rep gives me an advance rma. Apparently you HAVE to wait for the replacement to show up. Because if you have time to ship the DOA back before you receive a replacement, it now becomes a standard repair and the hold on your CC takes ages to come off. So now I'm waiting for them to "repair" the mobo, ship it back, and I'm willing to bet it will be DOA once again.

I will never buy an ASUS product ever again. I don't care if they sent me a package of all top of the line ROG products as compensation for this headache.

but, this pales in comparison to some of the stuff in this thread. XD

18. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

My op was a TURBT. Having another one 6 weeks after a course of BCG - yep, finding out all sorts of interesting stuff like how BCG is used as immunotherapy direct into the bladder if the tumour is completely removed successfully. And also that there is a world shortage of BCG vaccine. wtf?

Been off work for 2 weeks, back this Monday. Still smarts a bit.

All the best.

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Dad had that done a few years ago, as my doctor cousin said 'it's pretty much a blood bath, one of the most gory looking procedures you can have, so that being said, all the best with it.

Only a minor niggle for me tonight in the grand scheme of things, involving a friend of mine. This is a girl whom I text quite often. We exchange messages for a while, maybe 3 or 4 messages each, and then in the middle of the conversation she just stops replying. This has happened several times recently. I just can't understand it. Even if I forget to reply to someone late at night, I always reply the next day. I love her to bits but this particular 'trait' is pretty irritating :(

Last edited: 17 Jul 2015
  20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I do so love reassuring words.:D :D

Last edited: 17 Jul 2015