1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

They paid THOUSANDS to dump those 4 letters!

2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

After having a stupid bint crash into my car, she didn't pull over and only then to feed some ******** story to plod about not realising that she was involved in the accident at all.... my insurer didn't have any bollocks to pursue the claim. No witnesses, no CCTV.... :wallbash:

A pedestrian steps out in to the road (looking left 1st!!) in front of me while I was travelling at about 30mph on my bike, then said bike getting stolen from a training centre in Reading....

I have a nice new shiny bike to play with when I get home tonight!!

3. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I just fixed a focus problem on my Jupiter 21m 200mm. Apparently, a part of the automatic aperture mechanism was bent & was preventing the focus ring from focusing beyond 4,5m (from 4.5 to 50m & Infinity) : / I partially disassembled the back of the lens, unbent the part and now everything work as it should.

[​IMG]

4. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Almost 2 months into work, and I was told this week that I've been doing a good job, and they're happy with my performance. Things haven't been too demanding, they've given me a lot of opportunities to just "research" things we want to do, and I do feel valued already. I've sat in some meetings, provided my feedback and they've taken steps to act on the feedback. The people I work with have also been friendly and I've got out quite a few times with co-workers already.

We have a holiday next Monday (August 3rd) and my brother's birthday is July 30th, so we're having a big party on the weekend! That should be fun.

5. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Yes, it's odd how a font change here and a strapline there can massively influence the way we spend our cash. We're very strange creatures.

Last edited: 25 Jul 2015
  6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Fastest tyre fitter in the west. Arrived when he said he would, and spent ten minutes for two tyre changes. Can't complain at that service!

7. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Gaffel Kolsch.

That is all

8. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Envious.

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I applied for a press pass for Insomnia about a month ago, having heard nothing back I bought a ticket. Well this week they finally got back to me. Press pass confirmed, getting my ticket refunded. Not sure what is happening with 'Logi'tech at the moment nothing confirmed.

Either way I got a semi free weekend at Insomnia, the bonus is I am also writing for a eSports Org, I know the owner and some of the staff already. Need to spend some monies on a reasonably priced video camera. Luckily it's going on my Argos card.

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Life drawing is kicking my ass, but I'm finding things that work for me, and seem to be making some kind of progress, so I guess that's good.

11. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Fibre broadband connected, jumped from 5 to 40 meg which for now seems pretty fast enough.

12. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Tomorrow is a civic holiday, today we're having a giant party for my brothers birthday, and the main event for the International starts tomorrow! I can watch Dota all afternoon while hungover in bed!

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

When I switched providors I went from barely getting 10 meh to 70 meg down. Felt so good to be able to use the internet.

14. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Anjem Choudary has been charged.

O dear. What a pity. Never mind.

:D:D:D

15. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Seems like a nasty piece of work anyway. He's apparently an advocate of Crucifixion.

Congratulations. I'll never forget when I finally got Fibre. I was getting 3-5 meg on Sky's pathetic coverage in our area, but when they supported fibre we started getting 30-35meg after we signed up. It's like a whole new world online.

16. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Yes. Although I wouldn't give any credence to anything he says - he's just a publicity seeking troll - it's nice to think of him lying on a waterproof mattress in a cell, waiting for his time in court this afternoon. :)

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Here's an odd one for you.
    I have just set up the wallpaper pasting table and I am not going to be decorating.:rock:

Kitchen being gutted next week, wall plaster and ceiling being replaced along with everything else so need somewhere top pop the kettle, microwave ETC ETc whilst the kitchen is out of use for three days.

18. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I think I know where I'm going for my next upgrade after seeing Skylake. DDR4 and all of those extra features are a pretty good upgrade for someone like me who has some now pretty old parts.

.......maybe Christmas......next year.

Last edited: 5 Aug 2015
  19. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Mnpctech broke sales record this Summer, and it totally caught us off guard, but THANK YOU! :rock:

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Someone in one of the posh houses I drive past regularly is also having their kitchen done, probably in the £20-30k range.
    How do I know?

A mobile kitchen is parked in their driveway...·