1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows The Windows 10 Thread

Discussion in 'Software' started by impar, 30 Sep 2014.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

2. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

Lol I was being equally so..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

OK I got it working, here's what I did:

Cleared some more space on the drive (I had 10GB previously which should have been enough but meh)

Changed my language settings to English US

Put the files on a usb drive

Ran upgrade from USB drive.

The upgrade ran but was NOT happy at all, graphical glitches on the desktop, grinding performance etc.

Anyway I only had to register my key so I did a clean install after that with no issues.

All seems well! I like it.

4. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

NUC upgrade went fine, though it did take a little longer than I expected it to.

Performance is a little slower than on Windows 8.1, am considering a fresh install.

Now to decide which machine next. Wife for some really strange reason is super super keen to get it next!

5. matthewrblack

matthewrblack What's a Dremel?

Running two screens, It did take a while to get a driver that worked tried them all and nothing then retried the latest beta and now its all working. Card is a GTX690.

6. rollo

rollo Modder

Have multiple screens myself and did not have any issues enough the second screen was turned off at the time of install maybe that is why.

7. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

3 monitors SLi GTX970's - no issues. Used the Win 10 64 driver from the NVidia website. (I think it was the one with the Batman game featured) until I installed that driver only had 1 monitor working

8. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Keeping my main and kids pc/laptop on 8.1 and 7 on respectively but having no success with my new small amd pc. 5 failed attempts all forced.

9. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Upgraded today without issues, didn't bother with a clean install on my laptop. But I am getting some msvcr100.dll missing issues when launching games.

I have tried removing and re-installing microsoft visual redistributable, but to no avail. Can't seem to find any fixes online either...

10. Zehetmayr

Zehetmayr Minimodder

Glad it was all good in the end! I didn't have chance to attempt it again last night but feeling more positive now that others have got around the issues. I'm in the same boat as you- get through the pain of the upgrade, then fresh install :)

11. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Windows 10 installed just fine with absolutely no issues, so now what ?

12. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Enjoy?

13. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Still waiting for my rigs to be upgraded. I tried the download tool and got the hilarious "something happened" message :(

14. wecrookie

wecrookie Minimodder

The W10 icon appeared on my pc this morning.
    Just wondering if it's worth installing on a P4 (3.2Ghz), 3gb iddr2 ram & a Nvidia GeForce 8800GT?
    Only had W7 running on here for the last month or so.

yours wecrookie:confused:

"Tongue firmly in cheek"

15. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

After a whole day of struggling with the update via windows update, finally downloaded the media to DVD and it upgraded without any issues.

Not sure what the issue was but it's all running nicely now.

16. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

Had to force the update on both of mine as it failed to do it automatically (to be fair it had tried). On my desktop everything went fine but this software feels distinctly Beta, on the laptop (an alienware-m11x) it did not go well, due I think to the dual graphics. It kept on getting stuck in boot up when using the integrated graphics and I had to disable it in BIOS to get it to boot. This problem booting though caused some of the worst disk errors I've even seen on a check disk so I ended up nuking the installation from orbit! Will try again today with a clean install.

17. rollo

rollo Modder

Its on the Nvidia forums about certain issues with Mobile gpus, Give it a read might include your gpu.

Nvidia have not got everything updated yet for windows 10. Desktop nvida 580 and below are not working so if your gpu is in that series then it would not be on the list yet either.

18. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

May I ask about the sign in to Windows live... is that necessary? I've not seen anything that suggests the product keys now require a live account.

19. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

Not sure about that exact method but my upgrade from Win7 (not a clean install) has never asked for anything to do with a Microsoft/Windows live account.

20. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

I uninstalled and deleted the drivers, windows took a couple of minutes to re-install on their own, and now working with my x-fi fatality champion series