1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVs Linking PC Speakers to TV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by James, 1 Aug 2015.

1. James

James What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

I would like to be able to hook up my PC speakers to my TV, but also still be able to use the speakers for the PC without having to unplug wires all the time. Is this possible?

At current... the audio in from the PC speakers is just a 3.5mm jack... which plugs into the back of my computer and connects to the subwoofer unit by 2 cables, left and right (white and red) RCA cables (possibly?)).

The TV only audio out, are two red & white plugs, I believe they are called RCA? (POSSIBLY?)

What cables would I need to get audio out of both? Furthermore is it possible to buy something so that I can split the audio? For example when I want to watch a movie on my TV I can just flick a switch and the sound will come out of the pc speakers for the tv... and switch it back and the speakers are for pc? This is not super important, but would be ideal if possible.

Thank you very much!

2. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

I reckon you'll need one of these and another two RCA cables (also called phono cables). Connect your PC using the current cable to one of the inputs, connect one set of RCA cables to your TV then into another one of the inputs then the final RCA cable from the switch to your speakers. You can then switch the inputs as you wanted, without having to unplug everything.

If you need longer cables, just search for RCA or phono cables on Ebay/Amazon/where ever and find the length you need.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2015
    James likes this.
  3. James

James What's a Dremel?

thanks man, I'll buy those and give it a go!

4. James

James What's a Dremel?

Hi, your advice was correct. I've got the setup working and for quite a low cost really!

Thanks, +rep!