1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's all the monitor love?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Jasio, 6 Aug 2015.

1. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Hey guys,

There hasn't been a monitor review/round-up since what... 2014? Where's all the monitor love? Especially since the landscape has been changing recently with the release of a huge swath of new monitors with AMD Freesync, G-Sync, utilising 100-144Hz IPS panels, ultrawides, etc.

I bought my BenQ FP241W (nearly 10 years ago) off of Bit-Tech's then thorough reviews... but alas, they are no more.

:(

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

3. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

I'm well aware of TFTCentral... but I was interested in Bit-Tech reviews... it's the same reason I read their game reviews and hardware reviews.

Posting a link to TFT Central is no different from posting a link to Anandtech, Tom's Hardware, Guru3D, etc. Following your logic of simply posting links to /other/ sites, Bit-Tech might as well close up and shop as there's another site that you can link that does the same thing.

4. Newton Sporkfondle

Newton Sporkfondle Spork, the all-purpose eating tool!

Someone posts a link, that might be helpful, not knowing whether you aware of the site and you reply like that. Arses like you don't deserve help.

5. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

This is the Feedback & Suggestions section of the forum. It's kindof the whole point of threads like this, and your response is completely out of line.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

If you only came to BT for reviews, you'd have a very limited selection of hardware you could purchase. Someone was trying to be helpful and maybe a response of .......

"Thanks yeah, I had seen that but I really like BTs monitors reviews so was hoping they would do one"

...would be the way a more normal human being would respond.

7. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Thanks for picking up on my point- it should be quite obvious that there are other websites available, and my inquiry was aimed specifically at the content the Bit-Tech covers, which used to be more inclusive of PC hardware in general. It is also the reason that the question was raised in the appropriate forum "Feedback and Suggestions".

That's a rather unkind statement, particularly from a moderator to make. While my comment stands on logical grounds (there are alternatives to Bit-Tech, and I mentioned them), you felt it was necessary to attack me directly. Thanks.

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

A spoon full of sugar.