1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2015 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 23 Nov 2014.

1. lava

lava Minimodder

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

[​IMG]
    Proper Job!

4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Sure the amount he bringsin sponsorship is wiped out by the amount it costs in repair and replacement on his car.

5. lava

lava Minimodder

I'm wondering if there's a clause in his contract getting his sponsors to pay for any damage he causes :D

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Rosberg's rear just let go pretty spectacularly

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. rollo

rollo Modder

Thats a worry, You could see the tyre slowly but surely fail in the replay as the lap went on. He had not done alot of laps on that tyre is a big worry. Wonder what excuse pirelli will come up with this time around.

8. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Good job he was in clean air with nobody near him at the time, saying that one tyre going in FP2 is not such a problem, yes it was on a fast part but still look at the bigger picture.

If more tyres do it then thats a problem, if its one its just a badly made Tyre which can happen, granted the major problem, is that this happened on a very fast part of the track so could have easily been worse than it had.

I think keeping an eye on tyres is now going to matter BUT to pretend that this is a major problem is silly, 1 Tyre out of how many used so far has done this.... I do think if it happens again then yes Perelli will have some explaining to do, but if this is the only tyre that this happens to, they will be happy. As like i said manufacturing defects happen. If everything was perfect the teams could all plan exactly when they would swap the engines out and never worry about a gearbox or engine blowing and giving them a penalty etc.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

Mercedes pretty much have the later bit of that. They are the only team who wont pick up a engine penalty this year.

We will find out the cause soon id imagine, If that was in the race he would of hit something or someone. What it will probably do is reduce the miles that the teams put into the tyres this weekend and make the race an extra pit stop for all teams.

10. RedFlames

11. rollo

rollo Modder

Nico is lucky the gap between Merc and the rest is as big as it is. As 0.5 seconds behind your team m8 would not get him p2 at any other time.

Mclaren well nothing good to say there in truth. The Honda engine is shockingly bad. Its down on power has poor Energy recover and is heavy on fuel. Ill be surprised if they dont restart come end of this year. Acording to Merc and Ferrari you have enough tokens to restart.

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Pleased to see Grosjean take 3rd, but it was a dull race at a favourite circuit.

13. rollo

rollo Modder

If Lewis got clean away did not expect alot different in all honesty. The Merc in clean air is alot quicker than the rest in race pace.

Fun action first few laps then it settled down. Spa without rain is a pretty straightforward track and most of overtakes where heavily DRS influenced.

Ferrari pushed there luck and it blew up in there faces. Thats the end of vettels title challange if he was ever really in it.

28points to Nico who looked like a man happy to have second place. Has admitted in the last few races he can not do alot more whilst Lewis seems to have 0.3 - 0.5 seconds in hand in quali. In the Race he just manages it and ends with a big gap.

Once Nico closed to 3 seconds with this VSC exploits. Lewis had the gap back to 6 seconds again never really in danger. I do wonder if somebody else had Nicos car if the races would be more exiting as both would surely challange each other more. Think Hamilton / Alonso.

Button sounded like a broken man at the end and maybe relise his F1 Career is pretty much done and dusted. McLaren will not put him in the car next year and I do not think anyone else on the grid will either sadly.

Plenty of DNFs for Merc Engines though which will be concerning to them not something you would usaully say is Mercs biggest issue but teams running there engines encounted a few issues in todays race.

Renault engine looks like it has took a significant step forward or RBR have removed all the downforce. As Ricc flew past Bottas like he was not there. And made similar moves on others before he DNF.

14. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Vettel was not a happy bunny at all when the race finished, first time i think he swore on camera...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34030644

Vestappen is a VERY ballsy driver and one i look forward to seeing more of

another decent couple of opening laps and then a total snooze fest at the front of the grid though, thank god for the mid-table teams giving some action

15. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

So Sebastian should go after his race engineer and throw the race tactics book at his face. Pirelli clearly stated this is a 2 stop race. Ferrari tried to run 1 stop race.

But i guess Vettel wants now to mandate that teams will have to pit at least as many times as tyre manufacturer states.

Pirelli is not to blame for this. Just like you wouldn't blame your fridge for bad food after expiration date.

16. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I'm kind of on the fence about this. I'd be happier with more outlier strategies like this if Pirelli could guarantee a certain minimum strength on their tyres. Something like consistent performance up to 15 laps, a sharp drop thereafter (the cliff, as they like to say), and then driving on ice, but all without compromising the tyre's integrity. OTOH, Ferrari should have known better than to chance it. If not the tyre physically coming apart, the lower grip could have seen Seb pitch the car into a barrier anyway.

However, I'm with Seb on the broad thrust of his arguemnt. Everyone understands and accepts that performance is crap once you've flogged the tyres beyond a certain point. What's unacceptable is them spontaneously falling apart. Also, Pirelli saying this is a two-stop race has nothing to do with safety. It's their internal calculations on the fastest way around a complete GP, based on tyre performance affecting lap time etc.

17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Have to agree here its kind of a grey area, teams want good tyres FIA want tyres that degrade to get a spectacle. Pirelli need to be open each track on the limits of the tyres even the tyre savers like Perez and Button have to take heed. Seb was lucky few seconds before or at the end of the straight could have been lethal.
    Sebs approach though was all wrong.

18. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Justin Wilson got hit in the Indycar race, airlifted to hospital.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Struck on the head by a piece of debris, this is getting to be a really familiar story.

20. RedFlames