1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

2. shindead

shindead What's a Dremel?

Ordered :)
    [​IMG]

3. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

There's no such thing as unnecessary in vaping. Vaping itself is 'unnecessary' if you really think about it in that context. TC is shaped to be the future of vaping mainstream. Not for the cloud chasers but for everyday RDAs/RTAs:

• Never have a dry hit or burnt taste
    • Drain the tank or dripper down to the last drop
    • Much longer battery life
    • Cotton wont burn so no carcinogens inhaled

Also, Ni200 wire is more pure than Kanthal will ever be and more stringently controlled when produced because of the exacting purity required for consistency of resistance. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Nickel building.

Have a deeper look into it. It really is that much better. :thumb:

4. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

My second subox arrived today, dropped the first in the river unfortunately, looking forward to trying out some fresh juices from vape-a-box tonight

5. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Built the RBA on the subtank the other day and installed it last night.

Seems to be working well, although I think the wicks are slightly too short...

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Do you have an original RBA deck or the V2 with the side juice ports? I've found they need to be wicked quite differently.

7. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Original I think.
    No large ports on the side, just two tiny ones near the bottom.

8. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Got myself an ESP 30 and Triton today - both a little bit bigger than I expected but the Triton looks the Mutt's on my ZNA. Need to get home and try it out on the Cronus though as it should give a nice hit at 0.4 ohms on a mech mod :)

9. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Made a thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Based on this crappy box. Gutted it leaving only pos contact, neg contact and one wire while rest of the guts are new including a proper mosfet setup and spring loaded 510.
    Yes, atties sit crooked. Blame bad quality contr... what quality control?

10. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

anyone else pre-order Cthulhu 2 ?

can't wait to get my hands on it...

11. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

RTA with a velocity deck, hopefully it's good. cthulu's quality is pretty spotty

12. subset7

subset7 Spanking the Monkey

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Who cares, what's the great idea rip off fastech doing to fight the TPD? Buy from British outlets and fight the good fight.

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Can't go wong with a Kanger subtank plus, holds 7ml juice & gives very good hits & you have the option of using an RBA deck which is so easy to mount DIY coils or premade coil heads, I use the RBA deck, best vaping so far for me.

£30
    https://www.ukecigstore.com/kanger-subtank-plus.html

I use it with HB40 Box Mod by HCigar, it has usb charge pass through so can keep it wired to my keyboard so it's always charging while at the computer. :D
    £42
    http://www.vapegeek.co.uk/HB-40-by-Hcigar-70.htm

I bought a pack of 50 subtank coil heads from fasttech thinking I got a good deal & all of them were duffs.

15. InSanCen

InSanCen Buckling Spring Fetishist

I support my local when I can. Having spent well over a decade in retail, I know they have overheads and need to mark stuff up accordingly. The problem is, that a significant percentage of them jack the prices sky high (£8 clone, billed as £50 genuine? Common practice), don't declare clones as such, talk utter bollocks to get people to buy from them and plenty of other, heinous behaviour.

I use only one shop, who know that I know exactly where things are sourced from, and how much they are. They are also knowledgeable, keep people safe. The other 4 around here are rip-off merchants looking to make a quick quid.

Blind support is, quite frankly, silly. Be under no illusions, TW is challenging Article 20 not from any love for the vaping community, or because it's the right thing to do, but because they fear the gravy train of people new to vaping will suddenly be yanked from the profit/loss analysis. I won't even start on the dubious political donations either.

That said, I did just shove in $135 in orders at FT. The exact same products in a local shop who buy from FT anyway? Over £300. Nuff said.

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I'd vote with my wallet and choose a more reputable retailer if I thought my shop of choice was trying it on

Ditto, maybe if more manufacturers used them there QR tags to verify a genuine product the shysters would have a harder time..

I agree

I'm under no illusions what so ever, in the long game why they're challenging it isn't as important as the fact that they are challenging it especially given the outlook if it doesn't get changed.

Double post, shoot me :naughty:

That always makes me laugh, and I've only come across it in the vaping world.

Clones!!!!!!!
    Really? in any other walk of life, hobby, profession they'd be called for what they are, knock offs, copies, fakes, cheap tat, junk, especially when getting something from FT means that half the time you need to clean the cutting oil of the thing before you can use it or mod it a little to get it just right.

So why do we accept them so willingly, for the sake of saving a few quid? :jawdrop:

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Aug 2015
  17. Shirty

[​IMG]

RIP mrlongbeard.

Merged btw ;)

18. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

In some cases I think you're right, but i have an EHpro Kayfun Lite which is bloody perfect, lovely threads o rings the works, £24.99. The original is around the £100 mark and I'm not sure how it could improve really.

19. Shirty

I do have a few clones in my arsenal, but only tube style mechanical mods which are often horrendously overpriced for what they actually are. But I do try to buy genuine where I can, and it needn't break the bank - there are plenty of genuine, original pieces from Chinese manufacturers which are built to the same standards as Western parts.

Case in point, I have before me an iStick 100w wearing an Infinite CLT Mini V3+, total cost to me delivered (from two UK vendors) was £54. And because everyone loves photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Aug 2015
  20. InSanCen

InSanCen Buckling Spring Fetishist

Here's my personal issue. A bit of background to bear in mind... I'm an engineer/machinist/welder. I know *exactly* how these are made, on what machines (Many of which I run in my job), how quickly jobs run, and what materials cost. I also have a good background in Electronics.

For a hand made/machined, limited run, small pieces? I know where the money goes... machinists/engineers are not cheap. Things take a lot longer to make on manual machines with hand-fettling afterwards. But once you start mass producing them on CNC machines, there is no justification for charging what.

I will happily buy original WOTOFO products. They are reasonably priced for mass-produced items. They are not being passed off as arrtisinal, handmade pieces of art, which is what a lot of "high end" manufacturers are doing, when in reality, thousands are run from CNC mills/lathes in china for pennies.

That said, I refuse to buy designer clothes. If someone wants to emblazon advertising on my person, they can pay me for it, not the other way around.

I generally don't buy Clone Mod's, unless they fix glaring issues the originals had. They seem to be less marked-up. Everyone is different, but there is obviously a *huge* market for clones, and being China, it isn't going anywhere either.