1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

More sigmar models to come- gw is launching air brush paints soon 51 of the most popular base's and layer colors- also have paint thinner and air brush cleaner.

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

That Sigmar Chaos Fortress tho.... drool

Moved on from my Space Marines now im up to about 10k points onto my Tau. Whats peoples opinions on the FW riptide variants ? i have heard they are pure cheese

also trying to find all the Formations is a real PITA, Some are always in out of date books ( the ones where you had to pay for formations >_< ) i have also heard that Tau are going to be the next in line for a codex ( much to the annoyance of my Bugs )

i think Tau are going to be the army that i start to get back into the gaming side of the hobby with, but i need a few things first ( a riptide should do :p) and more spray paint

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

But still in flip top bottles. If there was ever a time to use dropper bottles, this was it. They don't even need additional tooling, there are loads of dropper tops already made.

4. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Went a bit mad the other week on ebay, my nids doubled in points.

30 odd extra termagants to paint, a swarmlord and two carnifexes.

Oops, :D

I've now banned myself from buying more again, :D

5. lilgoth89

ive done that quite a few times... yet it never quite seems to work...

6. Almightyrastus

I'm trying it at the moment. Not too difficult on the new stuff as I have never been one for fantasy but I keep finding the odd bit here and there in the space marine sets that I want to use and convert into my Black Templars.

Must hold off until we have moved house though.

Must hold off....

Ooo look, Forgeworld has some nice shiny bits...

7. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Have been rumoured for a while- some news about a new commander suit and a suit riptide size- due in a few weeks.

It would please a lot of people if they switched but then how much longer would their paints last?
    Can always just transfer the paint over to dropper bottles.

8. Almightyrastus

Yeah, that's what I'll be doing. Get a load of them off Ebay and syringe the paint over. I already do that with medium, mixing a little flow aid along the way. makes diluting paints so much easier.

Just need to get a new nozzle and needle for my airbrush - £30 the pair!!

Need a new hose and adapter to use my decent airbrush as well, that's another £20 to £30.

(Revell Masterclass Flexible if anyone's curious)

9. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

just finishing repairing my warhound titan, it took some damage when i moved house. rest of army is still in storage.. The new warlord titan keeps taking my interest but cannot spend that kinda cash atm.

Keep looking at the character series from forge world, wish i had gotten 1 every time then launched as i really like these, think they would sit nice in my cabinet. but to many out now to try n play catch up without spending a small fortune. I keep thinking about a Horus Army, Emperor's children maybe, that being said i've still got my dropzone PHR army to paint, how i've got my desk setup.

10. Almightyrastus

I can't see myself going for a titan, knowing how I am with big models, there's a very good chance that something shiny would catch my attention before I got it finished and that would be it.

I will be getting some of the character models at some point, especially when Dorn and Russ are out. I just really wish that FW would get the revised Templars transfers out as GW are only including Ultramarines ones in the new sets and I am running out of templar crosses VERY quickly.

11. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

see im like that, i get distracted to easily lol, but i love the big mechanical mech's im more a collector than a gamer, i love anything like the titans.

being in nottingham don't help thou, im a stone throw away from the HQ so tend to go to much and get dreaming about projects that should never be taken on.. That being said, i found a box worth of Epic 40k, and i've been looking online the titans sell for a fair bit and i've got about 5 of the dam things + everything else lol so that may pay for a project ^_^

i am looking forward to the character series and fingers, they have been impressive, intrigued to what chapters they do next.

i am holding off any new armies atm.. i tend to buy figures just for display my glass cabinet is slowly filling up.

12. Almightyrastus

I know what you mean, I'm surprised that I'm not at WHW more often, I live just up the road from Beechdale baths so a quick squirt down the ring road is not exactly difficult although I do prefer the city centre store for most of my stuff, I normally stop by every saturday morning to grab the WD and anything else that's shiny that week.

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm sure I can spare templar crosses. Christ, I've got so many transfer sheets I never use.

PM me an address and I'll wing as many as I can find over if you want.

14. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

drooooooooool

15. Almightyrastus

Finally managed to get this guy at a decent price:

[​IMG]

Been after one for ages but they've always been coming up at silly money or incredibly silly shipping costs. Got this one for just over £15 including shipping. Won't be painting him until after the house move but couldn't resist building him up.

16. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

finally a size comparison to a warhound

i want a titan so much >_<

17. lilgoth89

18. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

holy god....that looks all levels of epic

19. Almightyrastus

It seems that the Tau fellas are finally getting the proper mech suits... The smaller ones are ok but the models are showing their age now

20. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Some more pics from the wd, so 2 new suits, XV128 Stormsurge which is a super heavy walker and the XV95 Ghostkeel which is a stealthy hq suit, their are also new fire warriors.

http://imgur.com/a/lXYDO