1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

[​IMG]

An some other bike odds an ends I'd ran out of

2. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

I may have to abandon the idea, I have a Zalman CNPS9500 on it currently and its still toasty.

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I did something on my bucket list-I commissioned a katana blade from the actual City of Swords, Longquan. It's a Chinese city, but has an unbroken history of swordmaking. Folded monosteel, differentially clay tempered with bo-hi. I'll be building all the rest of it-every piece as far as I'm able, to support my one-armed style. I should see it in September sometime.

Truth be told, today's steels are better than tamahagane, the only feature I cheaped out on was multisteel laminations. It's not the kind of issue that it used to be. And I've used and broken plenty of el cheapos.

4. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

[​IMG]
    Got these Olympus OM-1 replacement skins and light seals from Aki-Asahi a while ago. Really impressed with their service and the product. Order one set of light seals, you get 3 ("If you are not so confident, you can use 2 kits for exercise, you can install perfectly for the 3rd time."). Same for the skin: you get one, and he adds a random other one to get the hang of the installation process first.

Finally had some time to use them on my OM-1 (which was perfect except for the light seals and the leatherette getting loose). Wasn't sure if the lizard pattern (just pressed cow leather) would fit with the OM-1 but I'm pretty happy with the results:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Sep 2015
  5. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

[​IMG]
    Recently bought this for my Go Pro Hero 3+ Silver Edition for my hike with my girlfriend in a few weeks.. Unsure when exactly though but it should be fun!

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Just taken delivery of the £50 Aeron. It's wonderful - such an improvement on my Argos 'executive' chair! As expected, it's not in perfect condition: the metalwork's a bit scuffed, the tilt-lock mechanism is a bit tricky, and the arm-pads have all-but had it - but, like I said, for a 90% discount I can overlook that.

Well. 80% discount, I guess: I've just spent another £50 on refurbished fabric arm-pads and hard-floor castors, so as not to ruin the vinyl flooring I've just had put in the new office. Still, £100 for an Aeron with nothing but a few scuffs and a tricky tilt-lock is still a bargain in my book!

EDIT: And I've already figured out the trick with the tilt-lock: to unlock it, all I have to do is move the handle to the unlock position then take my weight off the chair briefly. Sit back down, and it's unlocked. Easy-peasy!

7. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

[​IMG]
    2TB drive for my PS4 so I can leave lots of games & media installed.

Also picked up a cheap Crucial 250GB SSD for the family pc as it was starting to get a little too slow to boot and load up simple things like a browser.

Couple of blu-ray films:
    Lucy, Maze Runner, MI 1-4, Dracula Untold and The Bourne Collection.

Few PSOne games to add to my collection, plus one I already have but can't find:
    Jade Cocoon, Castlevania Symphone of the Night, Crash Bandicoot, Parasite Eve, Chrono Trigger, Hogs of War and GTA.

8. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

9. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

10. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Some stuff for the Celica. Cambelt kit:

[​IMG]

Top-end gasket set:

[​IMG]

Boot rubbers:

[​IMG]

Valve cover bolts:

[​IMG]

And because it takes ages to find the correct metric socket due to my dad having metric, imperial and whitworth sockets/spanners, a socket tray:

[​IMG]

11. richythomas

richythomas Minimodder

Mine arrived yesterday and I totally agree! The display quality is fabulous! :) haven't had chance to try a game out yet as my parents are visiting but will do on the weekend.

12. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

AMD 7870 to pair with a 7850 for some "old school" CrossfireX and another 8 gigs of ram (both thanks to bit FS forums!)

New lease of life for a relatively old machine and had a hankering to run Crossfire for a while. First dual card running for a while since attempts with some 7900GTs (which where fraught with issues) a number of years ago.

Only problem is when you upgrade one thing, something else needs updates!!

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

New Ink,. Got it for a steal, and the artist has worked on me before and is a close friend. Loving it, even though it's only the start.

14. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

1x Passenger side powered wing mirror for a MK6 fiesta
    1x Haynes workshop manual for a Mk6 Fiesta.

after some knobhead ripped the wing mirror from my car while i was sick

15. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Blade arrived. Thing is a ****ing work of art. It's unreal, pics when the wife gets here.

16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Washer pump - £15.14
    Lower arms and drop links - 106.70 (bargain)

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

ALL OF THE ARCADE PARTS

Well OK, not *ALL* the parts because I'm still waiting for the MDF control panel to show up.

[​IMG]

18. davidbrown1988

davidbrown1988 Minimodder

Amazon fire TV box. Managed to get it for £40 on an offer.

Got kodi running on it and moved everything over to mysql. It replaces an ac Ryan HD mini which is a terrible device. Really pleased with the fire so far. Very sleak looking piece of kit.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

19. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

A new sonic screwdriver..... (or so my six year old says)
    [​IMG]

20. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

Another manual Praktikar lens, I seem to have a thing for them at the moment. It's a 3.5-4.5/35-70 For two quid I couldn't say no. Seems to be quite nice.

[​IMG]A Fly on the wall by Dave Hall, on Flickr