1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall - I tried to play it straight after the main game, just after release, but didn't enjoy it. I picked it up again last week and finished it earlier.

It was enjoyable and it was nice to go back to the 'Dishonoured world' again after a long break.

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Battlefield 4 (single player)

Oh boy, where to begin.

Let's get the positive things out the way. The game is very pretty and is fun to play. Now on to the bad.

The game crashes CONSTANTLY. What should've been a four hour campaign (another bad point there - short campaign) took me around 8-10 hours simply because of the amount of crashes I had.

The realism of the game is also faulty at times. I'd line up a shot on an enemy through a gap, just to have the bullet deflected by invisible cover. There's also the enemies wearing helmets that can apparently resist the mighty round of an M82. Cow poo.

Then there was the time that my AI team mate, Irish, and an enemy were having a gunfight that was straight out of The Naked Gun 2 1/2 - this one:
    [​IMG]
    Only without the sodding barrel. I actually guffawed at this (then the game crash a minute later AGAIN).

In the second to last mission I was suddenly under attack by a helicopter. The Chinese lady was shouting about some anti-air weaponry being available, but I couldn't find it. I killed one of the gunners with my assault rifle before going to the roof of a nearby building and shot the helicopter with a TOW missile...which did nothing. Pissed off at this point, I equipped my M82 and vaguely shot in the direction of the helicopter - and ended up noscoping the pilot and watching the helicopter crash to a fiery death. Well, whatever works.

So, overall, okay but uninstalled and never to be played again. If I had paid full price for this I would've been extremely pissed off. Hell, even the £10 I actually paid isn't really worth it.

Oh well, Time to try ARMA 3 methinks.

3. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Batman Arkham Knight (Well apart from the riddler challenges...)

Put all the bad performance stuff to one side, if you can run it, this is the best batman game ever made. It's utterly amazing! The story was top notch and a real return to form after origins.

I particularly enjoyed:
    1. Gliding > Grappeling > Gliding > Grappeling > Gliding..... so much fun!
    2. Joker appearing in your mind randomly around the game to drop spiteful comments. The catwoman ones were particularly funny and some were extremely dark
    3. The city covered in fear toxin
    4. The blimp stuff
    5. Arkham Knight identity reveal - did not see that coming!
    6. The ending

Again the folk who designed and coded that cloak should be given the highest praise, it is a thing of beauty!

According to steam 29 hours but thats for main story and all side missions bar the riddler challenges.

4. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

Duck Tales - Remastered

Quick game. Very nicely updated. Good graphics, voice acting, etc. I have some issues with it but they're all forgivable. Recommend.

5. ulfar

ulfar holy s**t, i can change this?

recently finished Pillars of Eternity (i never capitalize letters... but this game deserves it)

i haven't played this type of game since icewind dale... unfortunately i had become somewhat graphics oriented... luckily it only took me about half an hour to look past that and after about 2 hours of game play, i was completely immersed in the story and the world.

truly an awesome game, and one of the very few that i will replay.

next up: witcher 3.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Magnetic: Cage Closed. An OK puzzler. It has seemingly nine endings so reasonable potential for replay.
    Styx: Master of Shadows. Struggling with this as it has too much stealth for my liking but it was cheap.

7. veato

veato I should be working

Xcom: Enemy Within expansion. It altered the original game significantly enough to warrant another play through - not something I tend to do once I've completed a game.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Absolutely fantastic game that improves on The New Order (which was already a decent game). I like to think of it as a remake of Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power. Very short, in fact there have been complaints on the length of it. Boss fight which I thought unnecessary for this type of game. Smallish challenge levels which i found annoying as you were definitely going to die often and you had to go right back to the start each time.
    Not to say overall i did not enjoy it, as usual it was a beautiful game which we have come to expect from the Trine games. But i feel the devs tried to offer to much to to many people. The purely fighting levels were not pleasant or for me wanted.

10. rma

rma Minimodder

Finally finished the Sniper Elite III campaign.
    Apparently I took my time, as I have 26h racked up on Steam :)

I really enjoyed it but they still haven't quite got the stealth aspect perfected, as there were too many times the enemy would hear me drop down from a ledge or hear me walking and the alarm would be raised. Still, it's better than the Sniper Ghost Warrior enemies, who can see you, in a ghillie suit, in the vegetation, from miles away!

Not sure the DLC looks worth it, though - £7 for one 'kill hitler' mission; £15 for three 'save churchill' missions! Maybe if they ever get reduced in a Steam sale!

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Homeworld 2 Remastered

Finally got around to completing it. The campaign is harder than I remember: in the original game I could make it through without losing a single unit whereas now I always tended to lose a fighter squadron here and there. I'm sure the enemy unit count has been upped in the missions - in the penultimate mission Makaan had EIGHT battleships defending him and in the mission before that I had to take on five battleships at once, having already taken out three in a row.

Can't wait for the Complex Mod to release now!

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

I've only completed the 'main' mission but wow, this game is excellent in every aspect. The FOX engine is a technological masterpiece - my 980Ti was humming along at 4K with all the visuals turned to 11, with some forced 4xMSAA for good measure.

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Zombi 6/10 A woefully poor port of Zombiu It could have been fun but what with the many crashes which because of permadeath meant you could lose all your weapons which was a pain. Sometimes you could find them all in a backpack but not always. Another game that Ubisoft put out there and then ignored.

13. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

Eventually I finished GTA V. I say eventually as I had to re-play the final mission at least 10 times due to the game crashing due to the graphics driver falling over.

It was soooo frustrating; I even made it to the credits a couple of times (which you annoyingly have to watch for ages before they let you skip the rest) before I saw my second monitor go black and knew the game was about to die on me. I couldn't even quick save during the mission, so was constantly forced to replay it over and over.

Loved the game though - I even got to like Trevor a bit at the end.

14. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

Out of interest, are you running Windows 10?
    If so, I've gone through the same pain on BF4 - I still play regularly and the only way I could play it was by turning off SLI.
    GTA V has taken me forever to complete because I need to run it in SLI for full eye candy / high frame rates.

The latest Nvidia drivers do work for BF4, I haven't crashed in ages, but sadly GTA V is still totally borked in SLI.

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Nope, Windows 7, and will be until Christmas at the earliest.

GTA V wise, I had almost no problems (maybe three or so crashes). That was running 352.86 however.

16. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Crysis 2
    Not as bad as BF4, not as open and overwhelming as Crysis1. Fairly enjoyable but nothing earth shattering!

17. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Minimodder

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Bought this in xmas steam sale. Finally got round to completing it. F***ing fantastic. Took me around 90 minutes to complete using just stealth and plenty of retries. The controls are butter-smooth and the visuals are excellent. Has a very 'MGS2 tanker mission' feel. Snake moves a lot faster, has more ways of taking out, or distracting the enemy and even though I'm a lifelong David Hayter fan, Kiefer Sutherland adds a bit more character to the role.

After playing GZ and watching hours and hours of videos on Peace Walker, I feel I am ready for The Phantom Pain. Can't wait.

18. rma

rma Minimodder

Still working through a substantial backlog of games and just finished Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Really enjoyed it although it did get a bit too easy once you have the upgraded weapons and gadgets!

Now I just need to persuade a mate to do the co-op only missions :)

19. OmightyOne

OmightyOne Minimodder

Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sons of liberty

What a great game for cut scene lovers, one of the first games i owned on the ps2 and only just completed it in anticipation for MGS V.

20. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Minimodder

While I didn't enjoy MGS 2 as much as MGS 3, I still think it's the biggest jump in overall quality I've seen between sequels ever. Everything from the weather effects, the first person camera, the improved shooting mechanics. The graphics were mind blowing back in 2002.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk