1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Enthoo Primo

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Seb.F, 14 Sep 2015.

1. Seb.F

Seb.F Minimodder

It was November 2011 that I purchased my trusty X79 system. X79-UD5, 3930K, 16GB Corsair 1866MHz DDR3. While there are some fantastic pieces of kit around now (looking at you X99), with the persuasion of others, I've arrived at a decision not to change any of the core components out just yet. Instead I've achieved a solid 4.4GHz clock and will be sticking with it. The Titans however, are going to a new home. I originally planned on sticking Titans X's in there, but with a wedding coming up the extra £500 or so wouldn't have made sense to me. The case is also going, while the 540 is a fantastic case, I think everything is getting a little tight inside there.

So far I have the following:

Enthoo Primo
    2 x 3TB Seagate HDDs for my video editing
    TPLink AC1750 Wireless Card
    2 x Reference 980Ti
    2 x EK 980 Ti waterblocks & backplates
    Mayhems Fluid
    1 x ST60 360mm Alphacool rad

I've decided on the double thickness 360 on the bottom, single thickness up top and a single 240 at the front (I changed from the orignal plan which was the double thickness at the top)

It's a lot bigger than I expected

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Seb.F

Seb.F Minimodder

So I'm almost there now. Unfortunately I don't tend to take pics during the build for a few reasons: firstly, I always forget so that doesn't help, then the room I'm in has so little light all pictures tend to come out grainy and then also I just want to get on with it when I can!!

As I said before, I moved the thinner rad to the top

[​IMG]

Stripped the GPUs and cleaned down their dies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reflection of my WoW server on the wall

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rad was moved up top and started getting some tubing cut to size, stuck one GPU in to test sizes (the side bracket won't fit as the GPUs are too long)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Testing the loop started last night, am leaving it for 24 hours to see how well sealed it is

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had an issue with the loop in that the only part of the whole system which 'cares' which way the water flows is the CPU block. I had two choices, either leave it how it was at first, which would be the left port on the raystorm went into the GPUs, but that would mean the GPUs would then have to go into the furthest 'top' port of the res, which was extremely tight (as you can see, even using the nearer port it's a tightly angled fit). Or I could have done what I did, swap the cpu block hoses around and attach the front res connector to the GPU blocks.

Ultimately I think this has worked well this way because now it pumps up through the gpus and cpu first, then into the rads and back round, rather than pumping through the rads first. Just slightly less of a struggle as there's less 'upwards' pumping this way around. It just means the cpu block looks a little odd that way around, but I'm fine with that.

Will get pics of the rest and the back side tonight if I remember.