1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

On my day without a single child until I have to pick them up at 3pm. I am going to binge watch anime. There's loads of good series that started literally this week.

2. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Twinings.

3. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

@Darkwisdom Like?

4. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Fix fully implemented today, tested and confirmed working.

Time to crack a beer and reflect on how awesome I am :clap:

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

During a project I worked on a few years ago a change request came up for a very specific piece of functionality - don't remember what it was specifically, but it was quite out of the ordinary. Our own IT architects/"experts" wanted lots and lots of money and at least 6 weeks to even assess the change before they could determine whether it would even be feasible, let alone accepted into scope.

At the same time we happened to have a SAP contractor working on another project. He spent about an hour coming up with what he called a "prototype" for the requested function and his "prototype" was so well designed and robust that it ended up being accepted as the final design. At nil cost.

Well... not quite "nil cost" because I later found out that we were paying this guy "a four-figure sum" per day - I never found out the full amount. Enterprise IT is a funny old game.

6. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

5 years ago I bought a tired but otherwise in good condition 1990 model E30 BMW 318iS for the outrageous sum of £150. It gave me 3.5 years hassle free motoring before it developed a horrid misfire that I've never managed to solve.

I just sold said BMW for £2150 quid with the misfire in place.

I'm rather pleased with the result.

7. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Driving license ☑
    Finally. Due to uni I kept procrastinating and postponing learning how to drive, but (with the 3 year expiration date of my temporary license in sight) I finally started earlier this year.
    Finished my first attempt at the exam today with 0 big mistakes and 0 small mistakes. Pleased as **** :D.

8. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

They started a One-Punch Man Anime. I read the manga, but it's a good start to the series as an anime.

'Comet Lucifer' looks promising, it seems to have a mecha theme but it's an interesting take on the genre.

Overlord is now finished, open for a next series no doubt. Really good series. Probably the best of 2015.

Heavy object is a mecha series, but it's very political and with a lot of mystery and drama. It's good, seems like a slow burner though.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry is a fresh take on the superpower high school genre. Story of the talented against the hard-working underdog yadda-yadda. It's alright, I think it'll get stale after a few episodes - i'll probably still watch it anyway.

I started watching Arslan Senki, which seems quite good. It takes place in ancient persia. It's interesting, but it seems like it's one of those series that the true plot takes a while to manifest.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

just landed a new job working with a very family based down to earth firm, good salary as well.

start on the 19th and just put a deposit on a watch i've been wanting to buy all year.

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Girlfriend got a new job after originally having not gotten it (other candidate changed their mind) which comes with a healthy wage increase.

Work has just sky-rocketted this week with 2 massive proposals being drawn up now (I work with Integrated Constructed Wetlands for wastewater management).

Forms have finally come through regarding a course I have to do as part of taking over the family farm. Horrendously short notice, but I'll take it.

Things are looking up after a veritable s**t-ton of work has been done the last 8 years.

11. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Sounds great, congrats. What will you be doing?

12. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Got BT infinity ordered!

13. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Got a lift home from work in a Rolls Royce Wraith. 6.2l V12, 600+bhp. For a car that's the size/weight of a church, it can certainly shift, and holy cow, it can shift.

Sam

14. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

I...

Okay. So a lot of stuff has gone down in my life. It's been hectic. I've mostly avoided forums (aside from reddit) because just too much stuff to think about and occupy my time.

So yeah. In order?

I got a job. I work for CEX now! Staff discounts on gear! No uniform! It's good. :3

So. Next. The big scary one. I came out as transgender. It's pretty scary stuff. But all my friends and work mates and family have been incredibly supportive and accepting of the whole thing. Much happy.

ALSO. Got a girlfriend. Planning on moving in together. It's dang swell. I'm much happy happy.

SO MUCH HAPPY.

Pliqu3011 likes this.
  15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You are the gender you feel. You gotta be you. :thumb:

16. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

<3

I'm working on it.

I had to do something soon, anyway. Growing boobs get obvious quickly when you are skinny like me. :3

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It's nearly lunchtime and the hilarity of a thread here is distracting me from how slowly the morning's gone otherwise.

18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

In amongst all the bills that come with buying a house and moving into it there was a large brown envelope of surplus Games Workshop transfers that landed on my doormat. Huge thanks to Liratheal for sending them, once I get my painting bunker sorted out again, I'll finally be able to get my Templars looking the way that they should be

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Same. Well, except that it's after lunch right now. T'was a Cornish pasty, which was nice.

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

paperwork for new job just landed through the door, considering ive had a successful job app shitcanned at the 11th hour on me before this is a massive relief.

i'll sleep well tonight