1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Cyberpunk 2077 to be larger than The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 6 Oct 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I want it, and I want it now.

3. cps1974

cps1974 What's a Dremel?

wow!! so the company have basically said some title that is likely to be released in a few years will be larger than Witcher 3 ;-0

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sadly, that joke falls a little flat. Fun fact: the world of Skyrim is (slightly) smaller than the world of Oblivion, which was (slightly) smaller than the world of Morrowind, which was a thousand times smaller than Daggerfall. Yes, a thousand times. I'll repeat that for clarity: Morrowind, the sequel to Daggerfall, had a map one thousandth the size of its predecessor.

It was entirely possible that CD Projekt would concentrate on making a small, highly-detailed world instead of making something bigger than its previous projects - that's exactly what Bethesda has been doing for years now.

5. asura

asura jack of all trades

A release in 2020 seems most apt!

6. nakchak

nakchak What's a Dremel?

New duke nukem forever then?