1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows How to access my router settings.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ozzie, 20 Oct 2015.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie Fork 'andles I wanted

Not sure this is the right place to ask but will give it a go

If I enter the IP address into a browsers Address bar it takes me to the settings, which requires a name and
    password which is written on the device but when I enter them it says they are incorrect. There is a reset in a tiny hole which I have tried as
    it is supposed to clear any passwords and set the default which is admin/admin but that is also not accepted.
    The IP address is written on the router which is about 3 weeks old supplied by TalkTalk, it is a Huawei HG633.

Any advice please.

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I take it you held in the reset button form more than 10 seconds?

3. Ozzie

Yes and tried it several times, I am assuming that it needed to be on whilst doing this.

4. Ozzie

Another point I have just thought of, I am trying the same name and password that I use to connect to the internet which works OK.

5. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

try admin admin

6. Ozzie

I have tried that as I said in the OP.

7. ThirtyQuidKid

ThirtyQuidKid Minimodder

A quick look at the Talk Talk site suggests your username is admin and the password is on a sticker on the router(not admin/admin).

Taken from their help page.....

HG635 The default username and password are both admin (this is case-sensitive).
    HG633 The default username is admin and the password you'll find on the sticker on the back of the router (both are case-sensitive)

So I'd assume the default is not admin/admin for the HG663. Failing that a call to Talk Talk seems the best option

8. Ozzie

Thanks , I have now done it, after the re-set it required the username to be admin and then the password from the back of the router to be entered. Entering admin in both boxes would not work in my case.

9. techmonster

techmonster What's a Dremel?

open your browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the url bar (connect to the router by lan). It will ask you for username and password(which you should have known when you bought the router,or written on the box). if you dont know the username and password, there are two way to get it. The first one , asking your internet service help center. the second, every router type has it default username and password. So you can search for it on the internet by your router name and type. And sometimes it is written in the guideline papers of the router. After logging in you have all the controls on your router settings.

10. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

ComputerKing!!! Is that you? :eeek: He's back o_O

11. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Of course it's not ComputerKing - there aren't millions of smileys :D:lol::);):thumb: