1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Tech for the bathroom

Discussion in 'General' started by Highland3r, 31 Oct 2015.

1. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Just wondering if anyone has one of the crosswater digital systems installed and if so, some thoughts on the setup please (or a similar system)? Links is below.

http://www.crosswater.co.uk/digital-showering/prices/solo/index.html

We're looking to sort our bathroom (80's style Cheesecake) and this looked like some decent and functional tech. Maybe it's a little "pointless" but doesn't seem hugely OTT (especially as we both like different temp showers etc). Obviously our choice will depend on whether there's any budget available...

Thanks in advance

2. gagaga

gagaga Minimodder

We've got the duo setup. Not cheap (plus the Stuart Turner pump was another £500...) but it's been faultless and looks great. We don't have the motorised plug hole yet, but will add that so the missus can run a bath from the lounge using the app.

We looked at the cheaper stuff (Aqualisa was ~ £700 including pump) but went for this for looks, quality, the ability to specify our own pump (the one we got has brass impellers and is basically silent - the water in the pipes is louder) and the ability to place the switches away from the shower so you can turn it on and warm it up before getting in.

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Personally I'd just put in a decent quality Grohe thermostatic shower mixer and spend the cash on putting in tech somewhere else in the house you'll use it more like lighting.

4. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

We just introduced a very high tech water saving device for our shower

[​IMG]

Although I appear to be the only one using it.

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

6. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

I have a Mira Platinum that is going in to the new bathroom, WHEN I manage to finish it..

7. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

We've done that already for the most part where possible (and useful/beneficial) (cat6 throughout, philips hue, sonos and recently nest). This looked like something decent to add a bit of useful tech to the bathroom - budget allowing.

The Nebia does look pretty epic!